Nerves...

paulajayne said:
Being distracted at lot when flying so I am going to get some cards printed.

What it is and basic specs inc. price.
Also a link to my YouTube vids, perhaps my email address.

Stick them in my pocket and give them out with an apology that I cannot talk now as I am filming.

Would you mind sharing the link to your youtube video's? I'd like to check them out.

My vimeo video's are here (link below). They're a mixture of different subjects. You can see the progression of improvement from the 1st video when I first got my P2 to the last one I did of a recent motorcycle ride in the mountains.
https://vimeo.com/user16178036/videos

EMCSQUAR said:
paulajayne said:
To OP - I use to have a case of nerves when flying but after accumulating a small fleet I'm usually to focused on project to even care what they're watching or saying. When using the Ground station I'll chat w/folks but that's about the only time.

I think I'm thrown off by how you can let go of the sticks, turn away, do whatever you have on your mind and all will more than likely be fine when you turn back around to continue your adventure. You most certainly can't do that with the single rotor helicopters. I have yet used the Ground station feature..........

Koz said:
IflyinWY said:
What I'm getting at is that in my case "the shakes" come from the way I hold the transmitter and not because of nerves.

Thumb and forefinger I've never actually tried for any real trial, but I will......I've never used a transmitter strap, but I'm willing to try all of this just because I may actually find some position I like more. The real nerves take over (still) at just being able to loose eye sight of something your flying....it's amazing

IflyinWY said:
Koz said:
IflyinWY said:
I wasn't going to tell everyone, but since you mention it. Mine shake so bad I think the bird is really confused by my control inputs. I blame it on the wind.

Just out of curiosity, are you flying with your thumbs on top of the sticks? The reason I ask is that when I fly or drive any RC in that position my hands tend to shake, especially when I'm trying to hold the transmitter up. They don't shake as much when I let the transmitter hang and hold it against my body for leverage. It goes away completely when I hold the sticks between my thumb and forefinger.

What I'm getting at is that in my case "the shakes" come from the way I hold the transmitter and not because of nerves.

Yep, Thanks Koz,
I'll bet you are correct. No lanyard, thought that was on my sailboat. Just thumbing the sticks. I used to know better but those days have gone bye.

I use a finger and a thumb when I am trying to be precise with my control inputs. I've done this when making a ground based video of my flight.

Hope the OP reads this. :D

The underlined text was edited to clarify what I said.

I will give the thumb and finger method for the experiment, but the nerves are what they are and will go away I'm sure. The quad is new to me and I haven't quite gotten to the point on not really caring what others think.....somehow the "drone" has a bad rap. I've flown my heli with a cam on the bottom and never had the scrutiny the drone gets.

MadMitch88 said:
I usually stop at Taco Bell before I head to the public park to fly my Vision+. Order up a couple of the spiciest, beaniest Chalupas on the menu and wash it down with a large soda.

All the fermented CO2 + methane that comes blastin' out of my rear end is a nice way to repel strangers and their dumb questions --- I can fly in peace! :p

Sadly, I've scared away a couple sexy MILFs who were curious about the Phantom and wanted to ask questions. Maybe I need to rethink my tactics? :cry:

definitely TMI...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl