Neighbors

Reaction score
The past few evenings I have attracted an unusual number of neighbors with my P2V. I like to fly a battery or two at night and I pretty much keep my quads over my home and my property. Most neighbors are inquisitive and friendly. But the last few nights several "odd" people from the neighborhood got very worked up because they really thought it was a UFO. One lady stopped her car got out, was taking pictures then got mad and started yelling at me when she realized it was just a quadcopter. If this keeps up I probably won't fly much in the evenings. Anyone else have any neighbor issues?

Anytime I do tests from my backyard I immediately take it up so it's inaudible. Tends to be quieter at night, so I go a bit higher. Coming back in I choose the path that obscures it's landing & engines from lookyloo's the most. So far, no probs. Your lady in the car may have felt the fool, plus she didn't get to upload her photos & video to Fox News & the Enquirer.

iDrone ;)

lol, you should make a hidden area to fly the phantom from, so as not to disappoint your UFO-loving neighbours.

God knows how much money she could've gotten by selling the pics to the papers..

Soon, after the sky's are full of UAVs, it will be like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". Because everybody will have known about them and when the real aliens come down, it will be too late as we will just shrug it off as them just being more UAVs.

Maybe this is part of their big plan........hmmmm. The aliens that is.

Love it...

Don't stop flying... Before I sent mine in for replacement, I was doing something very similar... And yes, they do look pretty strange at night... I had a couple different neighbors wander by my house and just kept walking (had there dog)... I didn't really think anything of it until I saw them a few minutes later... They occasionally walk there dogs, but not three and four times a night... then all of a sudden, the lady asked if I heard or seen anything flying... My transmitter was not in complete eye sight range to her and I realized that, so I decided to have a little fun... I politely told her "No"... They keep walking... My Phantom was out of there line of sight due to the very large trees along our street, so I took it a little further away and straight up to around 700 feet... (Yes, I know im not suppose to go above 400) I then flew it over there general location and let it hover... You cant hear it that high up and I decided to give it little spin... Left stick to left and there it went... I noticed they found it in the sky and tried taking pictures, then the guy hurried toward his house I assume to tell someone to come out and see... When the other person came out, I decided to have the Phantom just JET away... It looked so cool in the dark sky flying away... I made sure to do it down wind so I had plenty of speed... Next thing you know, there's 7 or 8 people outside all looking around and starring into the sky... I could'nt resist... I had to do it again... I had about 62% battery, so I knew I had plenty of playtime left... I took it down to around 125 feet... I know there's no trees or obstacles around that tall and I would lose WiFi line of sight over the other houses, but I made sure I was pointed in my direction... My wifi went down, but I let the phantom gracefully move across/around the neighborhood, but keep it far enough away to hide the noise... There they all go pointing and some trying to follow... I stopped and started spinning it again.... Then I gave it full throttle upwards while it was spinning.... after it hit 850 feet I made turn sharp left (down wind) and flew it out of there view... By this time I was getting close to 30% on battery and knew I couldn't keep it up there too much longer, so I got in my car and drove around the block and landed it at the school... I knew no one could see me, so I got back in my car and went home... I couldn't believe what I saw when I pulled in my driveway... the neighbors had broke out lawn chairs and were sitting around with camera's on tripods... I had to walk over and talk... They had no idea it was me, so I just acted like "Hello folks, what's going on?" everyone wanted to share there thoughts... I wanted so bad to just bust out laughing, but I realized that they really believed it was some type of UFO... Then there was a couple of there teenagers there... They made it really interesting... They said it was the local police department testing "Drone Reconnaissance "... I couldn't hold it anymore, I had to laugh a little... The next morning, I saw one of the neighbors and did the customary "good morning" thing... He was so excited about that night... I had to let the cat out of the bag... I didn't say anything, I went to my backyard and launched my P2V... Flew over to his house and let it hover about 10 feet up in his yard... I walked over with my transmitter in hand and of course he put it all together... He laughed his *** off (im still laughing)...

Nvr2fst said:
Soon, after the sky's are full of UAVs, it will be like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". Because everybody will have known about them and when the real aliens come down, it will be too late as we will just shrug it off as them just being more UAVs.

You're saying Colin Guinn is an alien ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: That explains a lot. They didn't fire him, they just pulled him back to the mother ship. And his wife is TOO beautiful to be real. ****! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nvr2fst said:

You're saying Colin Guinn is an alien ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: That explains a lot. Go forth *&uajner and assume the name of Colin. Take with you the technology to lull them into a sense of false security. When the real invasion begins... they'll never notice... Oh... and take 89*&_( with you...

They didn't fire him, they just pulled him back to the mother ship. And his wife is TOO beautiful to be real. ****! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing he didn't demonstrate how well his shotgun works!

And, yes, it is part of our plan, but we know that very few will
believe that, so we can be quite open about it. :eek:

We want to be ready to take over when the great worldwide depression
hits, and even gold will not buy water. We know that any area can only
spend more than it brings in... for a limited amount of time. How long
before the USA follows the USSR into inflation and bankruptcy?

We watch, and wait. After all this blue sphere is very rare in the universe.
If the humanoids do not want to nurture it, we will be quite pleased
to take it off your hands.

Yes, our Serve Humanity book is a cookbook, but we are vegetarians...
but we pretty much consider many humanoids to be ...
vegetables. :eek:

garygid said:
Good thing he didn't demonstrate how well his shotgun works!

And, yes, it is part of our plan, but we know that very few will
believe that, so we can be quite open about it. :eek:

We want to be ready to take over when the great worldwide depression
hits, and even gold will not buy water. We know that any area can only
spend more than it brings in... for a limited amount of time. How long
before the USA follows the USSR into inflation and bankruptcy?

We watch, and wait. After all this blue sphere is very rare in the universe.
If the humanoids do not want to nurture it, we will be quite pleased
to take it off your hands.

Yes, our Serve Humanity book is a cookbook, but we are vegetarians...
but we pretty much consider many humanoids to be ...
vegetables. :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My neighbors are used to my flying stuff around. Night or day. My problem is with the local L.E. flying over at 200' or less. Usually right after I have enjoyed a little fun. The wife thinks they are looking for me. LOL

Well sometimes i can not resist and will fly about 20 feet off the ground in middle of the road in front of my house. now this is a neighborhood road so very little traffic. a car will stop while i move towards the car then back making very quick movements then full throttle up and away and for them it vanishes in the sky. i am around the corner so they don't see me flying it.

i have had the cops at my house once they liked it and wanted one for them to use.

brad90631 said:
Well sometimes i can not resist and will fly about 20 feet off the ground in middle of the road in front of my house. now this is a neighborhood road so very little traffic. a car will stop while i move towards the car then back making very quick movements then full throttle up and away and for them it vanishes in the sky. i am around the corner so they don't see me flying it.

i have had the cops at my house once they liked it and wanted one for them to use.

I was flying behind our town's Middle School and two cop cars swooped in. I thought... oh crap... They wanted to talk about the P2V... What it could do. How much it cost. Can I fly it for a minute? Can't say no to a LEO... :D

-slinger

Jax Quad said:
The past few evenings I have attracted an unusual number of neighbors with my P2V. I like to fly a battery or two at night and I pretty much keep my quads over my home and my property. Most neighbors are inquisitive and friendly. But the last few nights several "odd" people from the neighborhood got very worked up because they really thought it was a UFO. One lady stopped her car got out, was taking pictures then got mad and started yelling at me when she realized it was just a quadcopter. If this keeps up I probably won't fly much in the evenings. Anyone else have any neighbor issues?

No Problems with neighbors when flying around the home. Although when doing night flights at the park I've had random people coming up to me saying they thought it was a UFO. Can't blame them though based on it's form factor and flying capabilities. Still kinda funny though.

semaj said:
Love it...

so I took it a little further away and straight up to around 700 feet... (Yes, I know im not suppose to go above 400) I then flew it over there general location and let it hover...

No worries there. A lot of misinformed people think you're not allowed or it's against the law to go above 400 feet, but that is not the law or even a regulation (At least not yet anyway). It's only a suggested safety standard for when flying less than 5 miles away from an airport.

Great story by the way. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1