Neighbor shoots down drone near Robert Duvall’s property

Well all I will say is her tractor tires must be wore out cause I could run over drones all day and it would never give me a flat . :)

I call bulls!t on the woman's story...

A 20 gauge might knock the drone out of the sky, but doesn't have enough energy to blast it into small pieces... And the debris isn't going to be sharp enough to puncture a tractor tire, let alone 2 times!

Reactions: bad karma
That's a woman?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
I assumed it was from that article
“I was cleaning my .410 gauge and .20 gauge on my front porch when I noticed them,” she recalled of the mid-June incident.

Admittedly, we are biased in our opinions on this subject. If I were the person who owned the drone, I would have notified the appropriate authorities and let them dot heir dance! Until one of us does this, the public will always have the perception of domain over the airspace.

Reactions: jeronesi2k2002
Yup. Plain and simple, she's a liar. I wish I could call her. I want to know how to go about owning my own airspace like she does. Also, by her reckoning, if a small plane or ultralight flies over "her" airspace, she's within her legal rights to shoot at it with her 30-06. I wonder why the amateur news agency that reported this didn't do their homework and ask her relevant questions like, "How do you own your own airspace?", "Show us photos of the damaged tires with drone pieces stuck in them", "Are you concerned about the fines and possible jail time you're going to receive as a result of shooting down an aircraft?" Where is the interview with local police? Where is the interview with FAA officials concerning her illegal act? A reputable news agency would have all of that in the article. Other than reporting a tale concocted by this woman, there's no news value to this at all. If one of my editors let a story like this go to publication without verification of the facts, the editor AND reporter would be at the unemployment office the next morning.

Reactions: Fat Daddy
Neighbor shoots down drone near Robert Duvall’s property

My opinion: These drone operators may not have filed a complaint (yet), but when they do, the person who shot down the drone will face federal charges.
You would think so wouldn't you... hasn't happened yet. Just look at the biased judge who let the Kentucky Kook off.

The comments on that article are a real hoot! Some guy thinks you own up to 500' over your property. Knew enough to quote the Causby case but forgot about the 83' decision made in that particular case.

Must have used one of these...

87eb4ba38a57134114cecfc4bcffd536.jpg

Yeah, maybe a drone crashed on her property and she made up a story. Maybe hoping to sell it so she could buy some false teeth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20