Negative five hundred meters?

Reaction score
Im just curious if anyone have flown their P4/P4P below five hundred meters(negative 500 meters)?

I cant seem to find the answer with google.

I have flown down to about 300' but never gone so down. If you have clear line of sight, you can definitely do it but ensure you have enough battery juice left to come back home. Antenna positioning is very critical to get good signals. Keep distance so that minimum angle of about 30 deg is not crossed.

I've never heard of anyone doing it, but I see no reason it would be a problem, other than battery duration. With the 5870mah battery I wouldn't go much farther than 500M down, in fear of having enough battery to climb back up. Keep in mind the estimating gauge in Go4 likely doesn't account for heavy power draws to climb back up to the launch altitude, just like it doesn't account for wind. So I'd make sure to turn around at about 70% the first time you try that mission if you're 500M down.

Did 300ft or so negative in southern Utah canyon. No prob at all. Just keep your eye on it and you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure your RTH should work fine if you happen to go around a corner and lose your connect. But I would not test that if you can help it. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20