Needing advice on my batteries.

Reaction score
My P3P has been in DJI's service dept. for 8 weeks now. I have three batteries at home that have not been used since my P3 is in for service. They were fully charged when I last used them 8 weeks ago. I'm wondering if I did the wrong thing by letting them sit unattended?

They will auto discharge to a safe storage level after 10 days. Just don't press the button on the top. That resets the 10-day period. It's okay to store them in that state for a few months. After about 3 months, it's a good idea to fully charge them and use them at least once.

My P3P has been in DJI's service dept. for 8 weeks now. I have three batteries at home that have not been used since my P3 is in for service. They were fully charged when I last used them 8 weeks ago. I'm wondering if I did the wrong thing by letting them sit unattended?
The should be ok, even if you didn't set the discharge days, the will start to discharge after 10 days -- they are designed to discharge to storage capacity.

Check the levels. After 8 weeks resetting the 'timer' by checking is not an issue.

Check the levels. After 8 weeks resetting the 'timer' by checking is not an issue.
OK. All good advice. The manual says to store at 40 -50% for long periods. It doesn't spell out what a long period is but I would think over two months could be considered a long period. Another question, how would I reduce the percentage (discharge) without putting the batterie(s) under load.

OK. All good advice. The manual says to store at 40 -50% for long periods. It doesn't spell out what a long period is but I would think over two months could be considered a long period. Another question, how would I reduce the percentage (discharge) without putting the batterie(s) under load.

Good question. No answer here unfortunately, but I wonder if leaving them on will deplete them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers