Needing 5 volts for FPV

Reaction score
I purchasd an RCLogger 5.8 video TX and want to mount it on the Phantom. THe aux power is 11.1 volts. What is the best way to get 4-6 volts to my TX?

I just installed a castle creation bec it is adjustable voltage it is real small and light and is very reliable , less than 30 bucks I just pulled power off of the board where the battery is soldered into works great also if you look there is two small wires that are just peering out from one of the front legs that I believe are 5 volts I can't remember for sure I will look it up , you can use needle nose pliers to pull them out and there you go that's we're mine is hooked up to my fpv George

I had already determined that the aux power wires were 11.1 volts.
I had seen the Castle BEC. Looks like that is the way to go.

Wait!
From F1 port in the Naza you get the 5volts you need, without putting any extra weight on the Phantom. Just remember to disconnect the signal wire from the plug (generally is the white wire, you only need red and black one) or you will get an OFF signal and the tx won't go ON.
If you haven't done it yet it's pretty easy to open up the top cover and reach the Naza.

Hope you haven't bought the BEC already!

There are 2 wires in a small slot that are suppose to be 5V, It is to the left of the battery door and between the landing gear screws. Mine are barely visible and was told this could be used to power a FPV.

fasteddie said:
There are 2 wires in a small slot that are suppose to be 5V, It is to the left of the battery door and between the landing gear screws. Mine are barely visible and was told this could be used to power a FPV.

that actually is the 11.1v (12v) wiring. it's fed straight from the main board right underneath the NAZA control unit. it can be used, but beware that the voltage level may not match what the FPV gear.

I had already determined that the aux power wires were 11.1 volts.
I had seen the Castle BEC. Looks like that is the way to go.

rcray: Yes, you have it right. The Castle Creations BEC is expensive, but readily available, and reliable.

DO NOT pull power from the Naza controller. The Naza has enough problems keeping itself running correctly.

Under high loads, the Naza can be left without critical power, when additional devices are attached. It's not meant to
be a poor mans bec.

Also, if you get a gimbal in the future, it will plug into the F1 and F2 ports, and those servos will require a 6v bec.

Quite often the site you bought your equipment from has support downloads available with fairly good instructions.

Good Luck.

I am not using the f1 on my naza. Which is the 5 volt pinnand which is the ground. I will be ising the 5 volts for an OSD

I'm powering a GPS logger from a $3 car usb charger. Seems like the cheapest way to get 5V from 12V, although may not be the most efficient.

My main motivation was the USB port, but you coudl just as easily remove the connector and end up with a 5V power supply the size of a postage stamp.

That is a great alternative

Smart thinking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik