Need to replace damaged wire in landing gear where to buy

Reaction score
the white antenna wire in landing gear is damaged and I need to buy a new one. It says ipx on the connector and it's the white colored one. I ordered a whole new landing gear but it came with no wires even though picture showed them! Any help would be appreciated!!

Reactions: gihamilton
the white antenna wire in landing gear is damaged...

If you don't mind, how did you damage this and how does it hinder the performance of the UAS?

Also, my non drone experience with wires is to simply splice it and reconnect it. If there is slack in the body, pull it out. Cut the coating off about 3/4" each end and connect them. Use electrical tape to seal it back up. You can even get as advanced to do the splicing to NASA standards lol. (Google it)

If you don't mind, how did you damage this and how does it hinder the performance of the UAS?

Also, my non drone experience with wires is to simply splice it and reconnect it. If there is slack in the body, pull it out. Cut the coating off about 3/4" each end and connect them. Use electrical tape to seal it back up. You can even get as advanced to do the splicing to NASA standards lol. (Google it)

The section of wire is likely the coaxial feed to the antenna so it cannot simply be soldered together.

IF it was just the last 1.5 inches or so then that would be a single conductor which could be soldered if done carefully.

It's best to replace if the OP can locate one. Possibly advert in the Classifieds here for parts from damaged drones.

The section of wire is likely the coaxial feed to the antenna so it cannot simply be soldered together.

IF it was just the last 1.5 inches or so then that would be a single conductor which could be soldered if done carefully.

It's best to replace if the OP can locate one. Possibly advert in the Classifieds here for parts from damaged drones.
It's a u.fl cable just having trouble locating one online!

the white antenna wire in landing gear is damaged and I need to buy a new one. It says ipx on the connector and it's the white colored one. I ordered a whole new landing gear but it came with no wires even though picture showed them! Any help would be appreciated!!
you should send that landing gear back. I got mine on ebay for $22 and includes all the cables. I just cant find any guides to swap out the landin gear :(

which cable are you missing? the single one? or the one that has like 4 wires to a connector? may be able to help you out

I ordered the whole assembly for the landing gear which included the compass. I didn't use the wires if you wanted me to send you the one you need?. Do you know what the white silicone is?

IMG_3567.jpg

here's a picture of the wire!

I have that wire but it is in a different color. But appears to the same wire just like light grey or dark grey
jleech330 did you end up sending your landing gear wire to josephtarlecky after the posts above (from last August)? If not, I'm in the same situation and would be very interested in your spare wire. I have a broken coaxial wire (for one of the Phantom 4 compasses that goes in the landing gear) and would love to find a replacement. Like josephtarlecky I ordered replacement landing gear that came without wires. I see now that there are some listed on eBay with wires but they're over $50 per set. Ugh.

Here is what you need
eBay item number:

This is the seller I bought mine from. He only has two left.
Right on, sprtbkryder, thank you! You saved me a call to DroneFly who sells them for about the same price here: Phantom 4 - Landing Gear (Part No.26) – Dronefly

DroneFly's photo shows cables + screws (this eBay seller apparently doesn't include screws which is fine with me), but I'm learning there are all kinds of variations of these landing gear kits: so others looking for them should check carefully to make sure they have all the parts they need.

Fingers crossed there are no more surprises as I get deeper into the disassembly of this wrecked P4 I bought second-hand.

Reactions: Sprtbkryder

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik