Need to override warnings about restrictions

Reaction score
I've been double and triple checking regarding flying in controlled airspace, but the last three times I've flown I've received a message that I'm in a restricted area. (I'm flying part 107). Is this because of the proximity of an uncontrolled airport? It makes me a little nervous to see that and I wonder if I missed something somewhere, but I'm hoping that it's for the hobbyist pilot who needs to call the airport.

I've been double and triple checking regarding flying in controlled airspace, but the last three times I've flown I've received a message that I'm in a restricted area. (I'm flying part 107). Is this because of the proximity of an uncontrolled airport? It makes me a little nervous to see that and I wonder if I missed something somewhere, but I'm hoping that it's for the hobbyist pilot who needs to call the airport.
If you are flying under Part 107 you need to apply for and receive a Waiver from the FAA to enter Controlled AIrspace of any kind. Send me your location, Long/Lat, or any other way you want and lets see whats up.

As always, the authority is the sectional for the area of interest. If it's Class G or below any Class E (700 ft), you should be good to go. May want to check the FAA website for any TFRs. Can't and shouldn't trust any app to tell you where you can fly!

Reactions: Crack The Sky
DJI's Geolock will give warning when you are close to controlled airspace, I get them all the time. I was flying in the parking lot next to a drag strip and it gave me a warning that I was on an unpaved runway. I know, without doubt I was neither in restricted airspace or on a runway so the system does have flaws.

As mentioned by Richard, rely on the sectionals. I only use the apps as quick references. Although some of the apps will pull up NOTAMs that may not be on the sectionals, so just understand what to look for.

I live in an area where there is a private runway behind a house that gets used 3 or 4 times a year, if that. Whenever I fly, I always get that message that I am flying within an airport. It gets kind of annoying to have it come up numerous times during the same flight. Is there any way to turn it off?

I live in an area where there is a private runway behind a house that gets used 3 or 4 times a year, if that. Whenever I fly, I always get that message that I am flying within an airport. It gets kind of annoying to have it come up numerous times during the same flight. Is there any way to turn it off?

I should have stated that I am 4 miles from that runway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj