Need to Buy Case: Hard or Soft? Which Brand? Where?

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a case for my son's new P3P. He'll be 15 in August & I want to help him keep everything intact & in place. I want to get him a good one because his new drone is a good one! But I cannot afford to break my little piggy bank!

What sort of case would you recommend?
Which brands are better than others?
And where do you suggest I purchase one - for a reasonable price?

I'm buying him a P3P from a guy on this site tonight so I thought I'd check here first...

Thank You!

H

Thanks for the help! I definitely like storing the drone with the propellers on so I like that idea. It's hard to tell exactly how the drone & pieces will fit into the cases I've been looking at.

ryantrax, I tried to open your links but wasn't able to... Bummer...

I really like both of them: carbon fibre backpack & the hardbox carrying case. I'm now trying to think of the pros & cons to each. Hmmmmm

Hey, I just now realized that there are differnt cases in the 3-4 RC Drone Carrying Case. What does "H" mean? "H-1"? And "B"? And "U"?
I don't see any difference in the cases at all! So Frustrating!

I really do appreciate your taking the time to help me with this. Thanks so much! :)

Thanks for your input! I've been wondering about that, too. Given that it's for my son (in the beginning, then it'll either be ours or mine, I'm pretty sure!!!) will be the primary owner, I think he needs a hard case for now. We can move to a backpack before long.

Which backpack is good protection?

Thanks!

Actually, the carbon fibre backpack might be best for us because it's a hard case (looks like good protection) that is also a backpack. Any thoughts?

Love mine. Love the fact its rain proof and also the hard back only costs £30 new. I prefer the hard shell as I travel around a lot and on the trains a lot of people push close to each other so I don't have to worry about my drone being damaged

I have one of those too but found it too bulky so went back to using the backpack
Back-pack makes sense for someone out every week in various locations. I'm still nervous about flying so my flights are short and close to home. It goes on a luggage cart (before luggage had wheels) if I need to.

I like the Carbon Fibre Shoulder Carry Case... , but unfortunately, the one in the link does not ship to the US.
I've seen so many different brands (or sellers) of them, yet they all look about the same. Which would a good brand (or seller) be?

Thanks!

I like this case.

Custom Case and Backpack designed to fit the DJI Phantom 4 / 4 Pro / 4 Pro Plus - Bundle Pack

Yes, expensive but, you are getting two (2) cases, hard side & a soft sided.

The neat thing about these cases is that you do NOT have to individually take items out and place into the other one just, remove the entire "insert pack" with all of your "gear" in the foam. Easy and quick.

Additionally, when I travel, car or plane, I can take any other items (tripod, cables or anything) in the soft side case as an extra bag. I use the hard sided case for most of my travel where I would like to use the wheels. Soft sided is a backpack or duffle type too...

disclaimer: No connection to the product except being a user.

edspilot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31