Need Suggestions FPV and Gimbal Combo

Reaction score
Hey guys... I've loved reading the forum and I've learned a ton from you guys... I really appreciate all of it. I'm hoping you can help me out directly...

I'd love to get an FPV and Gimbal system setup. But I'm a little confused as to what to get. It seems that FatShark has the lockdown on the FPV market but how do I know which system to get? Any suggestions?

Also, I've been searching for a brushless gimbal but all the reviews for the ones on Amazon pretty much suck. Am I missing something? Are there any that are reliable?

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like a good middle of the road system... maybe $500 to $750. Is that possible?

Thank in advance!

I now have a Mobius action cam $70, Cheap 2 axis gimbal $75, Fatshark 25mw goggles with mushroom antennas $279, Monitor (portable 7.8 inch dvd player) $50.

Mobius is mounted with elastic band, still need a thinner and more flexible usb cable and then I have full tilt range.

Could do without the goggles, could have found a cheaper fpv if only using "monitor".

Still on the way nd 8 filter for extra smoothness, 600mw fpv tx, with tx upgrade (thinking about turnigy 9x) I guess I get a safe 1,5 km range.

For $750 you can have two setups :)

7:30 mins flight time with 9 inch CF props.

My wishlist is 3 axis gimbal.

Zenmuse or Tarot gimbals are about the most reliable. I went through 2 of the "inexpensive" units - a GLB off Ebay which was a disaster, then an Airy from Helipal which was OK but had issues in wind and while manuevering. I finally purchased a Zenmuse (from a member here) - one word AWESOME. It's compact, it feels really solid and it's action is smooth.

EMCSQUAR said:
Zenmuse or Tarot gimbals are about the most reliable. I went through 2 of the "inexpensive" units - a GLB off Ebay which was a disaster, then an Airy from Helipal which was OK but had issues in wind and while manuevering. I finally purchased a Zenmuse (from a member here) - one word AWESOME. It's compact, it feels really solid and it's action is smooth.

Also had issues with Airy and Helipal - It didn't really fit on the Phantom - They sent me a Storm as a replacement which is just terrible.
I wouldn't go cheap on your gimbal!
I have seen a Fatshark TX with goggles combo advertised at Hobby King for about 175.00 which struck me as a good price - No idea if it is any good though.

Thanks for the info... Amazon has the ZenMuse heavily discounted right now so maybe that's the way to go with that. I think they have it for something like $369 or there about.

Is there a gimbal that will let you use the rugged waterproof case that comes with the GoPro? That sure would be nice. the GoPro just looks so exposed on all the gimbals I've seen.

Maybe I'll go with the ZenMuse... but which Fat Shark System would work best. And, I don't fully understand the different between the systems they offer. Also, what's the best way to get pitch control with the ZenMuse?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4