Need suggestions for buying ND filter set

Reaction score
On your opinion which ND filter set is the best bang for your bucks. My budget is no more than $90 USD, I'm looking for a glass set and I don't care if it doesn't come with CP filter. I want a set that performs well and looks, feel with quality.
Any suggestions? I have P3P.

Thanks guys!

On your opinion which ND filter set is the best bang for your bucks. My budget is no more than $90 USD, I'm looking for a glass set and I don't care if it doesn't come with CP filter. I want a set that performs well and looks, feel with quality.

Thanks guys!
I bought the Taco ones - Taco RC Store -- and am very happy with them. Also bought the $5 case which is very nice.

+1 for the Taco RC filters. I bought the multi-coated four pack that includes a case and lens cap/gimbal support. They're a big improvement over the cheaper inserts and seem to be at least as nice as the more expensive ones from other vendors.

I went with the multi-coated set from Taco and it came with the case and a free camera cover/gimble lock. Cant go wrong there!

I bought the Taco ones - Taco RC Store -- and am very happy with them. Also bought the $5 case which is very nice.
I bought the ND-4 thru ND-64 kit from Taco-RC, it included a case and gimbal lock. The filters seem good quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 453
How does the Taco-RC compair to the Polar Pro filters. That one keeps showing up a lot when I search for ND filters?
I just ordered the Polar filters (three-pack) after reading so many good things about them, so I hope they are worth the $70 or so I sprung for them.

I got a deal on the Polar 6 pack (for the cost of the 3 pack) there really good filter but the bag for each lens is stupid I need a case of some sorts......

Got the multi coated taco rc filters and that nd32 helps so much in the desert

I've bought every brand released so far except Snake River. While the TACO filters work, I'm convinced the Polar Pro filters return the best quality image. I just ordered the 6-pack from Polar Pro because of the utility of the ND/PL filter they include. I'll post up some shots when I get them.

Reactions: snerd
I can comment on polar pro and SRP. They are top notch, but also the most expensive. The cost increase of $20-40 vs gel filters is a no brainier to me for peace of mind with high quality image

I looks like I'm going to take the plunge and buy the Taco-RC filters. From what I have researched and you comments is the best bang for my bucks and It won't break the bank. If I had more money to spare I would have gotten the Polar Pro 6-pack or SRP filters.
Thanks again guys for all your helpful inputs.

The Taco RC and DJI filters are nearly identical -- possibly even produced by the same company. I'd recommend going with one of them since they are the nearly or identical to the stock UV filter.

Polar Pro is also a good choice for screw on filters. Get the 6-pack instead of the 3-pack. I'm recommending that since the 6-pack also comes with an ND16 filter. Or, buy an ND16 filter elsewhere. You'll want to have an ND4, ND8, and ND16 filter on hand at minimum.

While the SRP filters are made well and produce good results, they are very hard to slide and on off the camera. For that reason, I don't think the average person is going to be happy with them.

Here's a complete list of the best filters available for the P3:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Last edited:
Reactions: kSilva

Thanks guys!
Unless you are into professional photography, I suggest a variable ND filter, such as the
YKS Adjustable Polariser ND 2-400 Neutral Density Fader Filter Lens for DJI Phantom 3 Advanced & Professional. The advantage is you just dial in the exposure you desire IAW the conditions at the time of takeoff as seen on your monitor/control device. You just don't have to "screw around" ;)

I got a deal on the Polar 6 pack (for the cost of the 3 pack) there really good filter but the bag for each lens is stupid I need a case of some sorts......

I thought so too. So I went up to their site and bought two of these 3-unit cases:

3-Pack Case-Phantom 4/3 / Inspire 1 / Frame2.0

The labels may be wrong. I just printed up new ones for both (ND# and F-stop for each filter).

I just moved to a new place and found those bags, threw them away. They might work as micro-fiber cleaners though.

Chris

Reactions: Matt W Ruff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4