Need some opinions on this..

Reaction score
I recently saw that the "Terminator" was coming out for the standard. I have noticed they are using 14dbi Panels for the 2.4ghz and looks to be a circular 5.8ghz still.

I was thinking about making a "ground station" Something with larger panels on it (2-2.4,1-5.8 or possibly just one 2.4 as well) Possibly attached to a tripod?(just saw the terminator, thats what they have done) So you can change direction of frequencies if needed. I have noticed my amplifiers would run better and more powerful if I bumped them up to 16-17volts, so have a portable battery on the "ground station" to power the amps... have about 10 ft cables from the ground station that will run to the controller leads for antennas. You could be slightly mobile as well with the 10ft cables to the ground station. With these panels, boosted the ground station should give it about a 10-16 mile range you could fly in....

Need some input, criticism and what not! Thanks guys!
-Max

I saw him comment about the new terminator set... and that he is going to be testing and what not... but like he said as well.. he doesnt know price yet and its big... so why not just make a portable ground station instead? and it will be cheap....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj