Need some help with VirtualBox and updating the PV

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of the people out there that updated there phantom vision with a mac through virtualbox could give me a hand as all this tech stuff is frustrating! I purchased an early model phantom vision that because of travel I haven't been able to even see until yesterday. I put the props/decals on, downloaded the software, charged everything up and was planning on updating today.

I had real trouble getting the windows 7 virtual machine to grab my USB device before the host OS (In this case Mac). It shows up and everything, but I can't get it to connect as it tells me it is in use by someone else (the host). Like this -

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1468 ... ac-host-le

I added the filter to the USB settings on my virtual machine, and have the boxes checked to allow the usb ports to work. Anyone encounter this and find a fix? Also in the Virtualbox USB menu when I scroll over the filter I added down at the bottom of a list of things it says state: Not supported. I know others have had success, what was your experience. I am getting pretty frustrated, especially knowing that If I had just waited and bought one now I wouldn't have to update it I could just fly!

Sorry for your problem.
And this won't help solve your VB problem, but, I considered Virtual Box, but then found a coupon code in a web search for VM Wear Fusion, and was able to purchase it for $39 + tax from their website. I have no record now of that code.

I opted to go the paid VM Wear route instead of the free Virtual Box after reading that some had issues with VB, and it seemed to be less user friendly than VM Wear.

The installation of Win 7 on my MacBookPro via VM Wear went amazingly smooth. The DJI programs installed smoothly and it sees my USB ports and optical drive without issue.

If you can't resolve your VB issue, I can attest that VM Wear worked for me. I can now adjust and manage my Vision on my MacBook.

Virtual Box is not for a novice user. Just gather up some spare change from your couch and get yourself a copy of Fusion.

If there are no pennies in the couch then use the "FREE" version of Bootcamp which is part of the Mac OS specifically there to allow you to setup a windows partition and install your legally licenced version of Windows.

if you still have issues, make a visit to the Genius bar or your nextdoor neighbors 2nd grade class for additional assistance...lol

I too had problems with the USB port on Virtual Box, but after I plugged it into one of the other USB ports it worked fine. Just seemed to have problems with one of them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31