Need some Advice for which Phantom to buy

I have another question. How easy is it to put the P3P 4k cam on the P3A? Is it even possible? I know the installation won't be a problem as I work on cars and build engines a lot. But is the firmware compatible? Can anyone give like a step by step to do this? I'm just asking for future preferences.

Reactions: Noble 1
Thanks. I thought The advanced and Pro also had the lightbridge technology? Correct me if im wrong. I just watched a few youtube videos. But thanks, I'll get the advanced. As I said earlier though, I'm cash constrained. If I wasn't, I'd just buy the pro. :D :D :D
Yes, the P3P and P3A both use lightbridge and this allows them to exceed the range of almost every stock hobby aircraft. Its amazing. Don't underestimate Lightbridge technology. The standard is just not worth it IMO unless you are really into modding for fun.

I have another question. How easy is it to put the P3P 4k cam on the P3A? Is it even possible? I know the installation won't be a problem as I work on cars and build engines a lot. But is the firmware compatible? Can anyone give like a step by step to do this? I'm just asking for future preferences.

Its relatively simple. Heres the install process:

Reactions: zelius92
If you install the Pro camera on the Advanced quadcopter, you simply flash the pro firmware and voila, you have a P3P.

If you install the Pro camera on the Advanced quadcopter, you simply flash the pro firmware and voila, you have a P3P.

Thanks, I think I'll do that when I can afford the 4K cam later on. And they say the lightbridge on the pro is better. If i flash the pro firmware, will that enhance the lightbridge of the advanced or does it have something to do with hardware like antennas and all that?

Thanks, I think I'll do that when I can afford the 4K cam later on. And they say the lightbridge on the pro is better. If i flash the pro firmware, will that enhance the lightbridge of the advanced or does it have something to do with hardware like antennas and all that?
Everything is inside the plate above the gimbal where there is a fan on the P3P, if you buy a new camera everything will transfer over. That said I would not plan on spending that kind of money to upgrade to the Pro later on down the road. The camera for the pro is nearly half the cost of the whole setup. If you think you will want those features then just pony up the extra $200 and get the pro now. There are some that bought the Standard and then spent $200-$300 to upgrade because they were not happy with their range. If you truly believe you will use the higher bitrate video downlink, then just buy the pro now.

I read the first 10 post then skipped the rest...

I bought the standard from best buy (price match), 1 week later I took it back and got the pro (i had the regret)

if they had the standard (edit: I meant advanced) in stock I would have bought it.

2 weeks after that they came out with the new pricing.. I went back and got $175 back and the bought another battery

just my story...get at least the advanced if you can the pro...

Last edited:
Reactions: zelius92

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1