Need short term projects- urgent

Reaction score
I hope this doesn’t violate any forum rules but I’m kind of in a bind. I recently lost my job and have been unemployed since the beginning of October. I just secured a new position but it isn’t set to start until January. I’m desperately seeking to pick up a few small projects with my drones (I’m part 107, flying Mavic Pro and Phantom 3 Pro) here in Southern California (Orange County area) to cover my living expenses until January. If anyone has any leads on something like that I would be forever grateful.

I hope this doesn’t violate any forum rules but I’m kind of in a bind. I recently lost my job and have been unemployed since the beginning of October. I just secured a new position but it isn’t set to start until January. I’m desperately seeking to pick up a few small projects with my drones (I’m part 107, flying Mavic Pro and Phantom 3 Pro) here in Southern California (Orange County area) to cover my living expenses until January. If anyone has any leads on something like that I would be forever grateful.
FP, I'm in Orange County as well and NOT Part 107 yet. If something comes my way, I would be pleased to pass it along.

Have you tried Commercial Drone Pilots Forum Have you also tried drone job aggregating websites like Professional Drone Services | DroneBase

Have you tried Commercial Drone Pilots Forum Have you also tried drone job aggregating websites like Professional Drone Services | DroneBase
I’m on dronebase and droners.io. I haven’t been successful in getting anything from either yet. I’ve bid on quite a few on droners but the competition is extremely high with multiple bidders in every job (even though I’m bidding very low). Will keep trying there though.

I wasn’t aware of the commercial drone pilots forum. Heading there to sign up now. Thanks for that.

I should also mention/add to my original message. I’ve done a few commercial paying jobs in the last 2 years including drone footage for a mini documentary film for Complex Media at Oakley hq and photo/video for the Saddleback Valley Unified School district (35 schools). I have a background in GeoSpatial and Survey/GIS so for any mapping jobs I can bring more to the table in post processing the imagery and creating other products from the aerial data.

Set up a website and put customer testimonials on it. Are you able to work legally though, are you fully qualified?

Set up a website and put customer testimonials on it. Are you able to work legally though, are you fully qualified?
Yes I am legal and fully qualified. Part 107, drones registered, even have an FAA 333 Exemption, use Verifly for insurance requirements on every mission, background in Remote Sensing, GIS and Geomatics so I have the skills.
I had set up a website a while ago but I'll be the first to admit that I suck at SEO so I don't think I'm getting the right traffic. I'll try to figure out the marketing side of that later. I even did a campaign with about 250 local realtors (combined effort of email and office walk-ins) but it mostly turned up nothing.
Given my situation, this forum post is more of a hail mary as I am on a time crunch with expenses for the next month to hold me over until my new position starts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.