Need opinion on my mini drone movie of La Jolla Beach (VIDEO)

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Not sure if this is the right section to post this but I made a mini drone movie with my P3A and edited it using imove. i need some suggestions for future improvements. I know my panning isnt all that great. i get nervous when I fly in uncharted places especially with people watching so my fingers are shaking. I tried to match the music with the footage especially when the beat drops. I mostly used VR goggles via FPV camera app and my windsurfers for range.

I wont take offense for any advice. ENJOY!!

Reactions: BA577
Only suggestion, slow it down and make the scenes a little longer so you have time to view a little befor the next transison kicks in. Other wise we want to see a little more of each scene.... Pretty cool. Though!

Reactions: moswissa
I guess it's just me but your vid wouldn't play. I waited for it to load but never did. I don't have any problem playing other vids in this forum. Curious to see because I will be in SoCal next week.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess it's just me but your vid wouldn't play. I waited for it to load but never did. I don't have any problem playing other vids in this forum. Curious to see because I will be in SoCal next week.

Try it now!

Still won't play for me. Don't know why. I'm able to play other vids. Btw, did you meet any resistance from anyone while in La Jolla? Just wanted to know what to expect. I don't see any NFZ areas there but you'll never know. Authority figures sometimes flex their muscles just because they want to. If that's the case, I have a Litchi mission prepared so I can launch somewhere secluded, run the mission, then get out of Dodge.

Good job. I like the shorter scenes. Some of the transitions were distracting....usually hard cuts are best. Nice movement with the music. Quality seemed low but that's probably a YouTube issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good job. I like the shorter scenes. Some of the transitions were distracting....usually hard cuts are best. Nice movement with the music. Quality seemed low but that's probably a YouTube issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks. I figured people would get bored during the longer clips especially with scenery. I noticed hard cuts were better as well, maybe I'll cut back on that. As far as quality, I was using the p3 advanced in 2.7k 30fps I believe. YouTube downgraded it to 720p. Not sure if that's the reason. Thank you for the advice

Next video is going to be cancun. Just worried about Mexican authority at the airport

I enjoyed it. Brings back memories of when we lived in SD. LJ was a favorite outing to restaurants or just hang out at the cove and watch the sea lions. Is Black's Beach still what it used to be??

Love La Jolla. Your so lucky if you live there. Cool vid. My advice would be to slow the pans down a little. Try not to cut to different scenes to much and don't feel the need to use transitions between every shot. Most of the time a simple cut from one clip to the next looks best. Especially if you time it to the music like you are doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20