Need new shell

Reaction score
Hi all,

I crashed my P3 advanced and my one arm is bent and I need a new shell. Props are shredded as well. Can someone help fix the drone? I can either pay cash or offer investment management advice. (I work as an analyst for a large named asset management company).

Thank you,
Dan

I bent an arm on my second flight (P3A). I was used to much lighter quads (4 oz) and didn't realize the momentum a 3 lb flying fast had. I tried to stop and it crashed into a tree. Bent one arm enough that the prop hit the body. I just stared at $1000 down the tube. Said, what the hell, took it to my shop and heated the arm with a hot air gun. My son applied pressure slowly to bend it. Got it enough that the prop didn't hit. One more time to twist it to match the others. It's not perfect, but the brain compensates for any loss of lift. No extra vibration, and video is rock solid. Still have wrinkles in the arm. My battle scars.

Reactions: dporter177
Hi all,

I crashed my P3 advanced and my one arm is bent and I need a new shell. Props are shredded as well. Can someone help fix the drone? I can either pay cash or offer investment management advice. (I work as an analyst for a large named asset management company).

Thank you,
Dan

Why don't you just buy another shell? I bought one because I thought that I'd need it after my crash. It turns out that I didn't need it. It is just sitting there. It cost about $80 Canadian funds.

Why don't you just buy another shell? I bought one because I thought that I'd need it after my crash. It turns out that I didn't need it. It is just sitting there. It cost about $80 Canadian funds.

Could do that. I can look on other threads about the difficulty of installing a new shell, but out of curiosity how hard did you anticipate the installation to be?

dporter177, the installation won't be hard -- just time-consuming. Keep in mind you'll also void your DJI warranty if you do the work. Most people don't care about that, but I wanted to mention it so you know.

Here's a video that shows how to replace the shell:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

dporter177, the installation won't be hard -- just time-consuming. Keep in mind you'll also void your DJI warranty if you do the work. Most people don't care about that, but I wanted to mention it so you know.

Here's a video that shows how to replace the shell:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yikes. Good find on the video, but definitely quite the task. Do you have any experience with repair facilities? I live in the Philly area. Perhaps I could look for a dealer which would do the repair

Not all dealers do repairs. You could call around and check though. If you don't mind shipping your Phantom, there are some reputable repair shops here.

Reactions: dporter177
I really appreciate the insight and information. Will have to think about what I want to do.

Anyone in the Philadelphia area interested in rebuilding my P3 with me if I were to buy a new shell? Could be a good learning experience.

Could do that. I can look on other threads about the difficulty of installing a new shell, but out of curiosity how hard did you anticipate the installation to be?

I didn't anticipate that it would be hard at all. However, when I had to replace my compass, replacing the shell seems to be tedious work, not difficult, just tedious. I would imagine that it would take a couple/few hours for someone who hasn't done it before.

I just bought one from Amazon for $59 shipped. Prices fluctuate from that to about 90 dollars. I seem to have gotten in cheap.

I crashed my P3P twice into trees and the last one really messed up one of the arms. I bought a new shell from Advexure.com and did it myself w/no prior experience. It was time consuming, about 2-3 hrs but it was well worth it. No soldering and now I have a like-new bird. I transferred the stickers and no one would ever know it wasn't new. The only thing is, unless it has changed, the battery cage did not come with the new shell. It DID come with all the screws though, which was awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31