Need monitor for Fatshark

Reaction score
So I am flying Phantom 2 with 3d gimbal and a "Fatshark" setup. I would like to get a monitor that is compatable with the goggles transmitter/receiver/camera, so I can switch back and forth between goggles or monitor depending on the situation. Any suggestions?

Also, I think there are some systems that you plug into the go pro so that the go pro is seeing things directly rather than a monitor camera. I can't imaging the gimbal would work very well with this. Any opinions?

Thanks everyone!!!

when you say "fatshark setup" that means the FPV transmitter on your Phantom is either an ImmersionRC or Fatshark brand, yes?
when you're transmitting a signal like that from the Phantom, any and all compatible receivers in range can receive the signal. As long as they all tune to the proper frequency, you can have as many different monitors or goggles watching your FPV feed as you want.
There is a 32-channel receiver made by Boscam/Neewer called an RX-LCD5802 that can receive both sets of channels (Fatshark/ImmersionRC as well as Boscam/Flytech/Flysight)

the second part of your post confuses me though... if you already have a FPV setup on your Phantom, you should be getting that via the gopro... seeing what the gopro sees. there are no other cameras on the phantom so unless there has been an aftermarket monitor camera or something installed (ridiculous... why would there be?) the FPV feed you see should indeed be coming from the gopro.

Assuming you have a "normal" setup like most people, here is the flow:
Gopro -> gimbal -> Phantom mainboard. from there, the video feed goes either straight to the video transmitter, or if you have an iOSD Mini it goes to the iOSD mini then on to the transmitter

Wow, I'm learning all kinds of stuff today! So, I'm still not sure what brand of transmitter I have, but I think it is pretty safe to assume it is Fatshark or Immersion. It came with a little monitor camera, and that is what I am using to fly. I had NO IDEA that I could go straight to the go pro and not use that stupid little camera!!!! I will search for a post as to how to set it up. Thanks again!

One thing you can try is to simply run a cable from the goggles to the monitor.
What ever the goggles receive, is also sent to the monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj