Need longer range

Reaction score
I have never been happy with the short range of my PV2+. I live in a heavily wifi congested neighborhood. Initially I would only achieve 600 to 900 ft. With my FPVLR stage 2 my range doubled to 1200 to 1800ft. I do not want to upgrade to stage 4 because it would cost more than the quadcopter is worth. I was wondering what kind of improvement i can get by boosting the video signal with a 2.4 amp. I do not have an issue with the control side. I was hoping for a 50% increase in range. Is that possible with just the amp?

There are a number of free apps (at least for Androids) that let your tabet prioritize your Phantom's wifi signal and ignore others. My tablet's wifi receiver had been trying to switch to a stronger signal that it was receiving from homes along the boundary of a park I had been flying. A wifi prioritizing app seemed to solve that problem.

I have never been happy with the short range of my PV2+. I live in a heavily wifi congested neighborhood. Initially I would only achieve 600 to 900 ft. With my FPVLR stage 2 my range doubled to 1200 to 1800ft. I do not want to upgrade to stage 4 because it would cost more than the quadcopter is worth. I was wondering what kind of improvement i can get by boosting the video signal with a 2.4 amp. I do not have an issue with the control side. I was hoping for a 50% increase in range. Is that possible with just the amp?
liketogethigh have you done anything with the drone as way of replacing antenna's. I'm in a unique area I can fly for a very far distance. I left the controller stock but did put a windsurfer on the rc antenna. I replaced the stock "puck antenna's in side the drone with two dipole antenna's from a D-link router nothing more. Thursday we went out and I flow it out to 8500 ft , the video was stop and go but I did have full control. I stopped because I was getting into some mountains and I did not want to hit one. I would say that is very close to max for the wifi side,

phxbird3.1.jpgIMG_20160612_223344895.jpg

Reactions: liketogethigh
I have not done anything to the bird side. I was thinking about the FPVLR dipoles but not sure if they will help much. I am wondering if my wifi extender is starting to fail. Now I seem to only get about 1000 ft with stage 2 antennas in my neighborhood(video begins to get choppy at 400 ft). I get 3000 ft over water as opposed to the 4200 ft that i used to get. Any suggestion?

could just be weather conditions, I'll fly in way direction and only get 3000 and fly it in a different direction and get 5600. I've been able to push it farther than i though with just the stock controller. The FPVLR dipole for the wifi side are great I hear. Dirty Bum has a set on his P2v+ and his using the Itelite panels from DBS and it woulds great. I think Tony at FPVLR says that it a great matchup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31