Need ideas on new laptop for video editing

Reaction score
I live and die with my IPad but I have 2 older (3-4 yr old) laptops that I am going to take to computer guy this week to clean all crap off . Kind of thinking one has bad hard drive but I will find out .

Either way I may be in the market for a laptop that will be mainly used for P3A and my GoPro .

By no means am I wanting to break the bank but want something that will actually help out

Just some ideas on what works best, not opposed to MacBook either (Daughter uses one for college) for video editing and what do I need to look for

Thanks for some guidance

Hi there. I use a macbook pro for editing on the run. It's probably at the more expensive end of the scale however you won't look back. I use Premier Pro for all my editing. There may be some cheaper options out there but once you experience retina display it's hard to resist.

Jas

I live and die with my IPad but I have 2 older (3-4 yr old) laptops that I am going to take to computer guy this week to clean all crap off . Kind of thinking one has bad hard drive but I will find out .

Either way I may be in the market for a laptop that will be mainly used for P3A and my GoPro .

By no means am I wanting to break the bank but want something that will actually help out

Just some ideas on what works best, not opposed to MacBook either (Daughter uses one for college) for video editing and what do I need to look for

Thanks for some guidance
It is going to depend on what you use for editing your video. Overall I like MacBook Pro Retina laptops. The 15" MBP has the option for discrete graphics card which helps in video editing. Of course the bigger and better you get the more expensive. I looked into it myself and decided to build an editing PC and in the process also have a machine that will make my gamer son jealous. Ended up being cheaper than a decked out MBP, too.

sticking with Apple, you will limit your options and pricing. It's what Apple decides is good for you and many people are ok with that.

Personally, IMO there are tons of better options out there, you could get yourself a powerhouse system that will run circles around a mac, for about 500-900 bucks, on the used market.

Or get a decent laptop like this MSI MSI GL62 6QF-628 Gaming Laptop 6th Generation Intel Core i5 6300HQ (2.30 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2 GB GDDR5 15.6" Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Multi-language - Newegg.com

with 8gb of ram, an I5 CPU and a "dedicated GPU" a GTX 960M with 2gb of ram.

That pc will be more then enough to handle your video editing needs, at least for a laptop, and if you need to have it on the go and don't want to break the bank thats a great deal. Personally I'd go used but thats me, I want to truly get the best bang for my buck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers