Need help!!!

Reaction score
I'm having issues with RTH, when I engage it, it wants to land and says landing in current position instead of returning to home!!It worked once yesterday and once today out 2 tries yesterday and 4 tries today.Not sure what is going on, I have it set to RTH I looked at it in the app and it says RTH in the settings but when I tap RTH on the screen it says "landing "Also I did firmware upgrade today and now it get a lot of strong interference warnings and can't fly farther than around 300ft!! Please help,thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm having issues with RTH, when I engage it, it wants to land and says landing in current position instead of returning to home!!It worked once yesterday and once today out 2 tries yesterday and 4 tries today.Not sure what is going on, I have it set to RTH I looked at it in the app and it says RTH in the settings but when I tap RTH on the screen it says "landing "Also I did firmware upgrade today and now it get a lot of strong interference warnings and can't fly farther than around 300ft!! Please help,thanks
I'm guessing that you are attempting RTH from less than 60 feet away?
Note the third point here from the manual:
i-jvbmdPb-L.jpg

I have the same warnings about the strong interference after the update,but i gonna try the RTH so see if mine do the same...maybe is a update bug o something....

No, I'm actually 260 ft away and 115 ft up when I try it

I really wish someone had info on this, if it's the app(iPhone 6+) the quad, or the controller that's messed up.I paid 500.00 for this thing and now I'm afraid to fly it be cause it wants to land instead of RTH!!

I really wish someone had info on this, if it's the app(iPhone 6+) the quad, or the controller that's messed up.I paid 500.00 for this thing and now I'm afraid to fly it be cause it wants to land instead of RTH!!

You been kind of busy starting new threads, its kind of hard to get the correct information sorted out.

For the rest of the followers of this thread,
RTH ISSUES
RTH FAIL !!
If want help please stay here...;)

So far, I don't think you have been asked this. The button / icon on the app would be land not RTH. If your pressing that it will land at its location not RTH. You will be asked to RTH on the app, when the app looses signal. Could this be what is happening?
:)
Let us know,

Rod

Reactions: Meta4 and gvsukids
So far, I don't think you have been asked this. The button / icon on the app would be land not RTH. If your pressing that it will land at its location not RTH. You will be asked to RTH on the app, when the app looses signal. Could this be what is happening?
:)
Let us know,

Rod

I think you called it! Since DJI decided to remove the icon on the screen, that I circled in red, I believe it has led to some confusion. Every ad and promotion still shows this old screen. I think it was convenient but what do I know...

Home Point - Copy.jpg

But don't you have to change your settings to land to make that button Change to land? I didn't change anything and when I went and checked the setting it was on RTH, not land or hover and it would still try to land! I just got back from flying, I did a compass calibration and then tried RTH several times and it worked flawlessly!! Don't know if there was glitch in something or what but it works now.I even shut the remote off and it returned great!!Going to keep an eye on it to see if it's an intermittent problem or a one time thing !! Thanks for all the help

@Edv21985

Actually there are two settings. In the example in the pic it is selected to land where the bird is located when RTH is activated. What you want is the one with the man. That is the home point where you are located; the take off point.

Sorry for confusing the issue with a pic that showed the birds position as "home point"....

why does it do this?

No-one knows. DJI have never explained it but that's what it does.
But ... how often are you going to want to use RTH when your Phantom is less than 20 metres away?
It only affects nervous new flyers testing RTH too close.

The reason is to stop users from freaking out and thinking its a flyaway. This was the case with many P2 users (P2 non-visions did not have telemetry unless an IOSD was installed).
Some users attached props to the phantom and let it idle to drain the battery. Majority did this without a screen. They would stand a few meters from it and not anchor down the phantom. When the phantom hit critically low, the phantom would initiate RTH and try and take off to the nominated RTH height and move to the home position descend and land. This didn't matter if you were 1m from it or 300m from it. Now imagine those who used to do the battery drain indoors with the props attached...

Forcing it to land and NOT ascend within 20m when RTH is triggered is well thought of by DJI.

Reactions: Meta4
@AgnotGT,
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure I check that before next flight!

I think you called it! Since DJI decided to remove the icon on the screen, that I circled in red, I believe it has led to some confusion. Every ad and promotion still shows this old screen. I think it was convenient but what do I know...
Here is the funny part, I never use those buttons, I was taking a guess related to someone else had landed theirs in a lake, I think, and they said they tapped RTH, they were very low like 10' off the lake or sea on what they were filming. Just enough time to watch land in the water.

It was finally decided that they used Auto Take Off and when they were done they tapped same button Auto Land, instead of RTH.

This is from memory like 3 months ago.

Rod

Last edited:
Thanks everybody, I will sleep better tonight.;)

Here is the funny part, I never use those buttons, I was taking a guess related to someone else had landed theirs in a lake, I think, and they said they tapped RTH, they were very low like 10' off the lake or sea on what they were filming. Just enough time to watch land in the water.

It was finally decided that they used Auto Take Off and when they were done they tapped same button Auto Land, instead of RTH.

This is from memory like 3 months ago.

Rod

It's good that they took this screen button away. Many (even the pros) would accidently hit the wrong button. Users would confidently chat to their mates and not noticing that the P3 was descending onto a busy highway..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20