need help with this please

Reaction score
hi all i had written about a mishap i had and my p4p went up then immediately flipped and hit the board walk props first i found the txt file from the flight log but not quite sure how to post it so i can get one of you guys to take a look at it for me and see what could have happened, i know if someone wouldnt mind helping me get it to where it can be checked and take a look at it. thanks in advance. not sure this is the correct one the one where it crashed im not seeing i think this is the one where i flew right after the crash

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-12-05_[10-56-31].txt
    109.7 KB · Views: 2,141
Last edited:
That's the log of a one-minute flight at 10:56 am on December 5, that stops abruptly. Does it look like the correct flight?

i only made 2 flights the first was the one that damaged my p4p but it wasn't even a minute ,i dont think, this is the only one showing for that day. the short one is where it went up about 2 feet above the handrail i flew from and suddenly did a back flip and seemed to have accelerated and hit almost flat on all 4 props. right after it happened , i was freaked out ,, the battery had came out but i looked at it and just noticed the props were damaged do i changed props thinking that as all that was wrong and maybe i needed to calibrate my gimbal, so i took off again this time from on the boardwalk ground level , got it up to 6 or 8 feet and it hovered good , i tried to straighten the camera in the settings and noticed it was hanging at a angle so i landed right away and shut it down. so im thinking this may be the second flight i dont see any other flight on this day. Now when i look at the mcdat flight records i see 4 things in there from that same morning.

i only made 2 flights the first was the one that damaged my p4p but it wasn't even a minute ,i dont think, this is the only one showing for that day. the short one is where it went up about 2 feet above the handrail i flew from and suddenly did a back flip and seemed to have accelerated and hit almost flat on all 4 props. right after it happened , i was freaked out ,, the battery had came out but i looked at it and just noticed the props were damaged do i changed props thinking that as all that was wrong and maybe i needed to calibrate my gimbal, so i took off again this time from on the boardwalk ground level , got it up to 6 or 8 feet and it hovered good , i tried to straighten the camera in the settings and noticed it was hanging at a angle so i landed right away and shut it down. so im thinking this may be the second flight i dont see any other flight on this day. Now when i look at the mcdat flight records i see 4 things in there from that same morning.
i just went look again and found this in the list with the flight records

Attachments

• InkedUntitled_LI.jpg
    InkedUntitled_LI.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,249

FLY234 was the flight in question. You attempted to takeoff manually and applied the throttle way too gently - that's a common cause of tip over on launch. You really need to apply full throttle, at least briefly, to get the aircraft off the ground.

FLY234_takeoff.png

@sar104 ....Care to share the secret for converting these back to readable context? I tried 4 different methods, none of which worked with Datcon, Csv View, Excel or anything else that I tried.

I use DatCon, but CsvView should work too.
What I am saying is, you mentioned changing the .dat file extension to .txt for upload here. After downloading the .txt file, I tried changing the extension back to .dat. Nothing would read it. Loaded both the changed .dat extension and the .txt in to .CSV View. No luck there either. Nor with Datcon. It converted the .dat to .csv but showed only the columns with no data in Excel. What am I missing?

What I am saying is, you mentioned changing the .dat file extension to .txt for upload here. After downloading the .txt file, I tried changing the extension back to .dat. Nothing would read it. Loaded both the changed .dat extension and the .txt in to .CSV View. No luck there either. Nor with Datcon. It converted the .dat to .csv but showed only the columns with no data in Excel. What am I missing?

I don't know - I just change the extension back to .DAT (it's not case sensitive though) and it works fine. Is this a problem that you have had before?

Reactions: azharv
I don't know - I just change the extension back to .DAT (it's not case sensitive though) and it works fine.
No, but found the issue. For whatever reason the file was corrupted during the download. Downloaded again, works fine. Go figure...

FLY234 was the flight in question. You attempted to takeoff manually and applied the throttle way too gently - that's a common cause of tip over on launch. You really need to apply full throttle, at least briefly, to get the aircraft off the ground.

View attachment 106820
Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out for me , i dont know what i did , i been taking off the same way with all of my drones since the phantom 2 vision. I been flying since 2015. I guess maybe i didnt notice i had not throttled up fast enough i normally hit it hard til its up about 10 feet. I had a total of i think 3 start ups that morning first was acting really squirrly so i landed and rebooted every thing, second was the one that i got the damage it seemed to have went up really fast and flipped backwards and hit the ground hard and the battery came out. the third was after the crash it was a short one also as i noticed my camera was not sitting right but still had video feed and all the telemetry looked good.
Thanks again it is really appreciated. We will see what i can do when the parts come in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4