Need help with Pano Mode

Reaction score
Tried to do the 360 pano mode today and it took about 35 pictures and found all 35 in the DCM folder on the disk. How are they stitched together? Any help greatly appreciated.

I do all my stitching on my PC using Microsoft ICE, it's free and good enough for my needs. Download the photos from your microSD card into whatever file you want to create, import the images into ICE and away you go.

Reactions: Hshen
Make sure you have your aircraft landed and switched on to view your playbacks to avoid aircraft disconnection. Using iPad mini2 to render the 360 panorama it crashes constantly. No issues with my iPhone 6 though.

I did a quick pano to test it and got DJI Go to stitch for me. It took a minute, but I finally found how to view the pano and move around, I had to go to albums and pano instead of just the photo album. (Photo just shows the globe view with no way to move)

Am I able to view that on my PC now or do I still need another program to stich it all over again? I know someone mentioned a free program called ICE so I can look into that, hopefully it is available on Win7. I’d prefer to just have the file be emailed to people to view, but maybe software is how it all works.

Also, unless I misread something, aren’t we supposed to be able to do 180 degree and vertical panos as well? I didn’t see subsettings when I did my quick test today.

Also, unless I misread something, aren’t we supposed to be able to do 180 degree and vertical panos as well? I didn’t see subsettings when I did my quick test today.[/QUOTE]

Same place where you selected sphere pano.

I saw the sub options this time for various pano modes, thanks.

I did another quick pano test and noticed this time that it got screwed up a bit because things don’t line up so well in one area. I guess it’s best to either view the pano while in the air if possible and safe or just get in the habit of shooting it twice. Anyone else have pano issues or is it like 1 in 20?

I still need to look into how to move the file to the PC or share with others.

I saw the sub options this time for various pano modes, thanks.

I did another quick pano test and noticed this time that it got screwed up a bit because things don’t line up so well in one area. I guess it’s best to either view the pano while in the air if possible and safe or just get in the habit of shooting it twice. Anyone else have pano issues or is it like 1 in 20?

I still need to look into how to move the file to the PC or share with others.
Would you let me know if you find out

I have been working the pano pretty hard the last few days. I love it. I use KUULA.co.

DO NOT attempt to stitch and view the pano while in the air. It takes a while and I just don’t think it wise to do post production work while in the air.

Anyway, land, leaving everything on hit the “play” button on the DJI Go4 app and select the pano you want to view. The GO4 app will then stitch it and now you have a pano pic. You can move it with a finger tip or hold your device, I am using IPad Pro 9.75, and turn or look up and down. I love this stuff.

Then I download it to my IPad. But it still is just a weird looking photo until you use a viewer like KUULA. But register for free, upload you pic and it is beautiful. You can do all sorts of things then. They have a few filters to change the appearance. You can add text to the photo. Share to Facebook and others or view through VR goggles.

First time to try and share a link. See if this works...

Kuula

Newt, the link works and I might have to give that site a try myself, thanks for mentioning it.

To clarify, you are using the DJI Go 4 app to take the panos?

I just hope my glitchy 2nd pano isn’t a common occurrence. I doubt the stitching messed it up, but the photo did so it’s not like restitching it with another program will help that particular pano.

For the Kuula process, you just upload the final stitched photo from your tablet so it’s pretty quick and simple?

Reactions: AerialPerspectives
Correct.

I take the photo with AE and AF active. The center at the start for spherical should be the nadir, or point directly below the craft. So park the craft over the center of the area you want to photo, point the camera straight down at the ground and hit go.

I was really impressed with how much faster and how much better quality I got than with Litchi. I had multiple issues with Litchi. Thanks to DJI for updating with this great feature.

Oh, sorry. Once you have taken the pano and safely landed. Leave the craft on and view the pic. The app will stitch the pic and create it for you. Takes just a couple of minutes. The hit the download to place it on your device. It should save to your camera roll. Then go to KUULA.co, register and upload.

Newt, are you uploading from your tablet? How do you finish or save an upload?

I went to try it out and I can upload from my camera roll, I see the pano, but I have no finished button or save or anything visible. Of the few buttons I can touch, it basically pops up with a discard option to remove my upload and I’m back to square one. Please help with whatever I am missing.

Thanks!

*Edit: Finally found it, the site is VERY specific in how to get it to work properly on my tablet. Have to flip the screen to landscape BEFORE entering the upload page and doing all the next steps. If you start anything in portrait then you have to restart from scratch in landscape to actually do anything and/or save it.*

**Edit: Here is the pano showing the messed up photo or stitching. I am hoping this is like once in 100 or something and not the every other one that I am currently experiencing (only 2nd pano taken). This is why I originally mentioned maybe need to take 2 panos to be sure or try stitching mid air... Messed up pano **

Last edited:
I do all my stitching on my PC using Microsoft ICE, it's free and good enough for my needs. Download the photos from your microSD card into whatever file you want to create, import the images into ICE and away you go.

Can you help me with your workflow in ICE?

I tried it today since I realized the DJI pano stitching is a super low quality image, but I cant get everything right in ICE since I try to upload the final product to Kuula to view and it is always off. Basically the horizon is curved and not correct, likely more wrong, but that stands out immediately.
  1. Import - Simple Panorama with Auto-detect camera motion?
  2. Stitch - Projection and Orientation settings? I have tried multiple and can't get any to look 100% correct.
  3. Crop - Assuming auto-complete doesn't mess things up, I did use that to fill in sky and then there was no need to crop.
  4. Export - Just use Image tab? I let it scale so that the image fits within Kuula's maximum pixel dimensions (16384 x 8192) and went with JPEG, 90, superb.
Thanks!

*Edit: Perhaps Kuula is the incompatability, which viewer do you use after the pano is stitched?*

Last edited:
Oh, I think I finally figured it out after a bunch of google searching!
I will have to check the photo I was originally messing with at work to verify this.

The key seems to be that you need the photo to be 2:1 ratio so you end up adding in more height (change "canvas" to default width x [1/2 width]) and add back in some sky or I suppose keep it black or something if you want.
So the final image after then scaling down a bit becomes exactly 16384 x 8192 to utilize Kuula's maximum size (or 16000x8000 for easy remembering).

*Edit: Just updating that this indeed was the key to getting it to look correct.*

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav