Need help with new Arris CM2000

Reaction score
I've finally got my new gimball, go to hook it up and the thing wont stop shaking and oscillating. :evil: I'm able to connect to the board and look at it however I have no idea what I need to adjust. Is it possible for some one to send me a good profile to load? Can I find one online somewhere?

Should I have an external 3s hooked up when doing this?
Should I have the NAZA cable hooked up when doing this?

The software I'm using is Simple BCG v2.30

The gimbal should work fine without being connected to the NAZA, and with any 3s batt.

Did you have the gopro mounted on it when you powered it up?

I think I may have solved it. Reloaded the stock profile and then had to calibrate the accelerometers by holding the gimball. Had to hit calibrate 3 times, but it remembered.

Now when I hooked everything up, it centered in the roll but it tilted back a bit in pitch. I adjusted this by the 7th channel. That seems to have fixed it. For those that have a lever for the 7th channel, did you have to find a "0" spot before installing the lever?

Well it went from bad to OK to worse.

Short rundown -

I finally got the stock program reloaded -

Once I had the camera centered, I wanted to try the pitch fully - no dice. It only goes backward about 20 degrees and will not pitch forward. Either way, it was good to go as a straight on shot, I don't have FPV hooked up yet so its not critical for the pitch issue to be fixed just yet. Go outside and set up for a test flight.

Now I should mention that earlier in the day I did upgrade the NAZA to 4.02

Plug everything in and let it start to warm up. I notice that phantom is flashing yellow. I let it set for a minute or so with no change so I thought this had something to do with re calibrating the compass. So I followed the right procedure and got the first green and then the light went out. Set the phantom down and let it finish grabbing satellite signal.

Everything looked good so I closed up the battery door and started the gopro. Took off and let it hover at about 10 ft to watch the gimball, looked good, spun around and slowly lifted over the garage and neighbors tree.

As I was spinning around to complete the "loop" test I was doing - it happened. :eek: Phantom took off to its left at a high rate of speed and shot down into the ground. Great. Good news is I recovered it, bad news is the phantom body took a hit. The gimball and gopro survived(although its missing some of the mounting balls). Add me to the list of flyaways. Been trying to figure out if I did anything wrong?

- Should I not have upgraded the NAZA, last version was rock steady for me
- Does the Gimball power wire interfere somehow with the antenna for the transmitter or GPS? Should that be shielded?
- I'm going to test the motors today and mount the new blades to try a low level flight test without the gimball.

Thoughts?

JesterR1 said:
Now I should mention that earlier in the day I did upgrade the NAZA to 4.02

Let me ask you this...after you upgraded the firmware, did you apply the default Phantom settings file from DJI's website? If not, the default settings in 4.02 aren't ready to fly without tweaking, and may have led to the weird behavior you experienced.

This is the file I'm talking about, once you download it you have to fire up the NAZA Assistant and apply it from the Tools section: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... meters.zip

Also, after applying that I would suggest a full IMU calibration while you're there, and then a compass calibration again before flying. Also check the Aircraft tab in the Basic section to make sure its set on QuadRotorX, and the RC tab to make sure it's set on "D-bus" rather than "PPM" (assuming your Phantom is a 1.1.1).

Make sure that configuration file is applied and check those settings I mention and we can go from there :)

OI you just made my day if that is correct. As a matter of fact I did not update after the firmware. I went in the NAZA to activate the gimball but that was it. Costly mistake on my part I guess. I will do this tonight. I'm also going to test the motors to make sure nothing is damaged from the crash. If that checks out I will most definitely do the re calibrations and let you know the results. Thanks!!

OK:

Down loaded the file and imported the parameters.
Full IMU calibration down as well as motor test, seems good. Still need to do GPS calibration outside

One difference, if I switch to dbus there is no response from the NAZA and i get a transmitter error, if I switch to PPM it "works" and I can control and calibrate the sticks.

JesterR1 said:
OK:

Down loaded the file and imported the parameters.
Full IMU calibration down as well as motor test, seems good. Still need to do GPS calibration outside

One difference, if I switch to dbus there is no response from the NAZA and i get a transmitter error, if I switch to PPM it "works" and I can control and calibrate the sticks.

Ah, maybe your Phantom is an earlier model than the 1.1.1 then. Older models (eg 1.1, 1.2) use a PPM receiver, the 1.1.1 is when the D-bus receiver was added. The easy way to check for sure is to count the antenna leads coming out of the body (and usually taped to the legs)...if there's one, you have an older model (which should work with PPM), if there's two then you have a 1.1.1.

Yep, only one antenna. Hopefully todays test flight goes better! Also got the gimbal to work spot on, now I just need to find a good lever to add. Thanks for you help OI!

No problem! And one more thing I remembered to do before you test fly it: go ahead and do the controller calibration in the Assistant software again as well, if you haven't done that one already after the firmware upgrade. It's in the RC tab, just under the slider indicators on the left for each main control channel.

Success! OI I owe you a beer! First test flight was golden, except for the fact that I forgot to turn on the gopro! Also finally got to see that two arms of LED's do not light up. Only One green arm and one red arm. Suggestions? I didn't see any wires damaged, and I didnt thing you could "break" LED's. Not a deal breaker for me really as the red lights fill the Gopro image at twilight flying.

* The flight was telling...there is damage to one of the motors. The phantom was not very stable, one motor was making noise and got really hot. Landed it without issue but the motor is hard to turn, new one on order.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20