Need help with goodluckgimbal

Here is what I have, it does not do pitch control, I am confused

From the pictures it is not clear the connection to Nazam: however if the red is PWM signal and the Yellow is negative, connections looks good.
To have the pitch working you have to enable the gimbal control in the NazaM assistant in the Advanced/Gimbal and set the Manual Control Speed to 20.
In the Gimbal GUI you have to check that the pitch control is in PWM mode.

I only ran one signal wire from FC to Gimbal. I let battery ground and power handle those connections.

From the pictures it is not clear the connection to Nazam: however if the red is PWM signal and the Yellow is negative, connections looks good.
To have the pitch working you have to enable the gimbal control in the NazaM assistant in the Advanced/Gimbal and set the Manual Control Speed to 20.
In the Gimbal GUI you have to check that the pitch control is in PWM mode.

I did set the Gimbal control in Naza but couldn't get the gimbal GUI to work. The yellow goes to the middle F2 and the red goes to the bottom F2

I did set the Gimbal control in Naza but couldn't get the gimbal GUI to work. The yellow goes to the middle F2 and the red goes to the bottom F2

These are the steps you need to have the SimpleBGC GUI working.
You need a mini-usb cable.
Important!!! Always POWER ON THE GIMBAL BEFORE CONNECTING THE USB CABLE and disconnect the USB cable BEFORE powering off the gimbal. If you fail to do this while gimbal motors are connected , you have a serious risk to damage the gimbal electronics, because the current to drive motors is sink by the usb port that is not designed to support such a current.

Then you have to install the gimbal driver: you can download from here:

USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs

Finally you have to install the graphic interface software (GUI): you can download from here:Normally the version that works is the 2.2B2.

Downloads for 8-bit boards : BaseCam Electronics

If the 2.2B2 version does not work, try with a more recent version, but DO NOT upgrade the gimbal firmware.

About your connection, you have to move the yellow to the top of F2(-) and not to the middle (+): this is the explanation why is not working.I hope you did not damage the gimbal electronic, because you connect the + of the Nazam to the - of the gimbal: strange that your battery was not shorted: do you power the gimbal with a separate battery?

Reactions: Ti22
These are the steps you need to have the SimpleBGC GUI working.
You need a mini-usb cable.
Important!!! Always POWER ON THE GIMBAL BEFORE CONNECTING THE USB CABLE and disconnect the USB cable BEFORE powering off the gimbal. If you fail to do this while gimbal motors are connected , you have a serious risk to damage the gimbal electronics, because the current to drive motors is sink by the usb port that is not designed to support such a current.

Then you have to install the gimbal driver: you can download from here:

USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs

Finally you have to install the graphic interface software (GUI): you can download from here:Normally the version that works is the 2.2B2.

Downloads for 8-bit boards : BaseCam Electronics

If the 2.2B2 version does not work, try with a more recent version, but DO NOT upgrade the gimbal firmware.

About your connection, you have to move the yellow to the top of F2(-) and not to the middle (+): this is the explanation why is not working.I hope you did not damage the gimbal electronic, because you connect the + of the Nazam to the - of the gimbal: strange that your battery was not shorted: do you power the gimbal with a separate battery?

The gimbal is powered by the phantom battery. So I switched the wires and it seems to be the same. I tried connecting the gimbal to the computer but the program does not recognize it. I put the USB end into the gimbal board and connected to my computer, is that correct?

The gimbal is powered by the phantom battery. So I switched the wires and it seems to be the same. I tried connecting the gimbal to the computer but the program does not recognize it. I put the USB end into the gimbal board and connected to my computer, is that correct?

Yes, it is.
But did you install the driver I posted you?
And in the GUI, what ports are recognized when you try to connect?

Yes, it is.
But did you install the driver I posted you?
And in the GUI, what ports are recognized when you try to connect?

sorry I don't really know what I am doing. I installed the driver but what do I do with it? I extracted it an now I have two files in a folder. silabser.sys and a .dll file

sorry I don't really know what I am doing. I installed the driver but what do I do with it? I extracted it an now I have two files in a folder. silabser.sys and a .dll file

Let's try a step by step procedure.
From the Silicon Lab site you download the driver for your computer.
If it is a Windows XP or later, you should have a compressed file "CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip".
Unzip this file and yoy should have 2 sub directories X64 and X68, plus 2 .exe files "installer" for X64(PC 64 bit) or X86(PC 32 bit).
Run the installer suitable for your PC: the driver is installed.
The purpose of this driver, when used by an application like the SimpleBGC GUI, is to add a "COM" port to your PC, that will use this port to communicate with the gimbal controller, through the USB connection.
When you go in the "SimpleBGC" site mentioned in Post #7 , you have to download the GUI software corresponding to your gimbal controller: if you do not know the version mounted in your gimbal controller, you have to start from version 2.2b2 and go ahead till you are successfully connected.
Simply unzipping the compressed file, you have a directory in which there is an .exe file that is your GUI. Run this .exe file: in the top left corner of the first page, there is a "connection" pushbutton: connect to the gimbal controller ,click on it and you will have a list of possible ports to be used for the connection(created by the driver); click one of them(on my laptop is COM5) and you should be connected.
This procedure is for version 2.2b2, but should be more or less the same for the other versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.