Need help with antenna wires on gimble

Reaction score
just crashe and broke fumble plate, not a big deal but antenna wires are pulled out. Idk how to solder any ideas. I live in Indiana

First, welcome to the forum.
Second, if your "antenna wires" have pulled out of your "fumble plate", I'm gonna guess you are in over your head... :)
Probably need to send it back to DJI.

Reactions: Philltayl
??

Antenna wires are slotted into the rear of legs not on the gimbal.

Sounds like you may have damaged the gimbal ribbon cable ?

Nigel

not a big deal but antenna wires are pulled out. Idk how to solder any ideas.
They are coaxial cables, so you won't be able to solder them. Unless you know how to rebuild them, you'll have to replace them.

They are coaxial cables, so you won't be able to solder them. Unless you know how to rebuild them, you'll have to replace them.
Mike, I think he is referring to the gimbal wires...

Ah. In that case, perhaps a photo would help.

Has it broken the connectors of the end of the coax? If they have just pulled of the sockets you can remove the two little plates on the gimbal housing and pop them back on. If the little plugs are broken your out of luck. The coax wires are permanently attached to 2 patch antenna one one either side of the battery housing in the Phantom 3 body shell.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has it broken the connectors of the end of the coax? If they have just pulled of the sockets you can remove the two little plates on the gimbal housing and pop them back on. If the little plugs are broken your out of luck. The coax wires are permanently attached to 2 patch antenna one one either side of the battery housing in the Phantom 3 body shell.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has it broken the connectors of the end of the coax? If they have just pulled of the sockets you can remove the two little plates on the gimbal housing and pop them back on. If the little plugs are broken your out of luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    990.6 KB · Views: 364
Did the crash knock off the landing legs, too? Looks like coax, maybe antenna or compass wires? Guys?

Yes, those are the coaxial cables from the antenna. You can buy a replacement here on Amazon.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.