Need help with a purchase for Real Estate videos....

Reaction score
Nice site y'all have here. I would like some opinions on which bird to purchase for making short videos of rural real estate property. My wife owns a small real estate company in our county in East Tennessee. She has several half a million dollar listings of 200ac+ with homes. In the past I have shot GoPro videos on my ATV or Motorcycle showing driveways/trails/fields/yards.

Recently other company's are utilizing drones more and more to shoot big listings with houses, so not only do we want to stay competitive, but having a aerial listed will save both the Realtor's and Clients time.

So, in doing my research, I think a P3 Standard would do what we need which is a short less than 3 min video with a range of about 1,000 feet. I do have a GoPro Silver, but for the price I think the Standard is a decent deal? Or, should I buy a "naked" P3 and get a mount for my Silver?

Here is the package I am looking at on Amazon, it seems to be the best price I can find. I will add a second battery...anything else recommended?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A36VT43W2I07N0

Or, is there something y'all would recommend in the same price range?

If you don't buy from an authorized DJI dealer, DJI will not honor your warranty (if you need to use it for some reason). SSE is not an authorized DJI dealer. You can find authorized DJI dealers on Amazon at the following link:

Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help

Also, the backpack from the deal above can be purchased separately here.

A naked P3S (I'm assuming you mean this) could be purchased, but you're going to spend a lot more that way since you'll need to also buy a remote controller, props, memory card, battery, etc.

The GoPro would not be stable (since it cannot attach to the P3 gimbal) and it would not transmit video to the DJI GO app. So, your video would not be smooth and you'd be flying by line of sight only. The P3S camera can only shoot in 2.7K, but that'll likely be just fine for your needs.

If spending a few hundred more is not an issue, then I'd buy a P3A instead if I was in your shoes. It has a lot of nice upgrades over the P3S. For starters, it has a better remote controller, it does not use Wi-Fi to transmit video, it has double the range, and it comes with a remote controller mount that can hold a tablet. You can see the other differences at the following link:

Compare the Phantom 3 Series - Phantom Help

Last edited:
Thanks PH, that answers many of my questions. By naked, I meant camera-less & adding my own gimbal/camera. Ok, I will look into the A & feel free to PM me a suitable package price.

By naked, I meant camera-less & adding my own gimbal/camera.
Got it. I don't recommend you try this. You'll have a better overall experience if you use the P3 camera.

feel free to PM me a suitable package price
I don't sell Phantoms directly, but you can find P3 packages at the following link (all are good prices):
Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help

Note: The links above are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, your purchase will help support Phantom Help.

I have filmed nearly a hundred of our listings, and you definitely want the range of the Lightbridge system on the P3A. I just got a P3P, and it blows my old p2V+ away. The integrated system will save you lots of time and editing as well - I can shoot short clips and pics with the FPV controls that I know will be usable rather than guess what I'm getting from a go pro camera.

Reactions: fly_it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl