Need help self unlocking "Enhanced Warning Zone"

Perhaps this Might work. Cache your maps that you need while on WiFi at home. Don’t turn your phone off but manually shut off your digital service and wifi on your phone. Then put it in airplane mode.
Turn off location services on your phone too before you head over to the job site.

Then you might get the bird up. If it keeps prompting you keep clicking no, cancel, ignore, ah hell no, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera except when you get the responsibility prompt. Click yes.

If that doesn’t work, head over to Best Buy, go into their drone aisle, and look for an ? drone.

That’s an Autel Evo (collective gasp).

Buy it. (Louder gasp)
I can tell you now it will not work. DJI app needs internet for unlocking. Also, the drone is the one who determines location, not the cellphone. Unless he places tin foil on top of his phantom and fly atti, he will not be able to circumvent his problem.

Caveat emptor, ergo,? drone.

I had that happen once where nothing would pop up under country code. I just backed out and re did the whole apply for unlock code.

I have a plus model so it doesn’t have cell service only WiFi, I had my phone as hot spot. I chalked it up to bad connection.

Also, make sure you are checking off all the little hard to see boxes. Hard to see in bright light.

Good news is once you get the unlock code once, you never have to get a code again. It is much simpler the next and subsequent times...

Good luck. Basically keep trying and make sure you check all the almost invisible boxes and scroll down to make sure you aren’t missing anything.

The “done” or “next box is lower on screen I believe so you have to scroll... after pic below, DJI texted me a code which I had to input into remote. Then I had to go through some more steps and check like 4 boxes

Attachments

• A22341B1-0F33-4753-B5F5-761D1967102F.jpeg
    A22341B1-0F33-4753-B5F5-761D1967102F.jpeg
    475.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Reactions: jungle33
I had that happen once where nothing would pop up under country code. I just backed out and re did the whole apply for unlock code.

I have a plus model so it doesn’t have cell service only WiFi, I had my phone as hot spot. I chalked it up to bad connection.

Also, make sure you are checking off all the little hard to see boxes. Hard to see in bright light.

Good news is once you get the unlock code once, you never have to get a code again. It is much simpler the next and subsequent times...

Good luck. Basically keep trying and make sure you check all the almost invisible boxes and scroll down to make sure you aren’t missing anything.

The “done” or “next box is lower on screen I believe so you have to scroll... after pic below, DJI texted me a code which I had to input into remote. Then I had to go through some more steps and check like 4 boxes

I appreciate the tips. I did try the whole process several times (backing all the way out and starting over each time) and I did check all of those tiny boxes each time. At this point I'm fairly certain it wasn't operator error. I got a message back from DJI that they will contact me soon. Meanwhile I might try an online chat with them now that it's business hours. Super frustrating.

Reactions: jungle33
Problem solved. It took updating my nofly zone list, updating DJI Go 4, then deleting DJI Go 4 and then reinstalling DJI Go 4. Then the manual unlocking worked as promised. Whew! Thanks for all of the suggestions from the forum and DJI tech support as well. For what it's worth, the custom unlocking ended up working as well with DJI responding in an hour or so to that request.

Reactions: Dan AISCF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair