Need Help PV is Jumping 50-100ft without input

Reaction score
Greetings:

I need some advice. My Vision is acting like it is ready to perform a flyaway on me. When I take it up every once in a while (every 3-5 minutes) it will travel at full speed in a varying direction (maybe the same direction each time I am not sure) for about 50-100ft without input. The Phantom maintains elevation when it makes its jumps. I just returned from a trip that I took my phantom on, and on the return flight airport security did open and close my carry on phantom case, so they might of stressed the Phantom in some way (there is not much room for error when closing my Phantom in its case). The phantom also went through the X-ray machine; although that did not effect the phantom on my airline trip out.

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated, as I am having difficulty contacting customer support through either DJI or the dealer I purchased the Phantom from.

Thanks,
Chuggie

Don't fly again until you have plugged it in and looked at the numbers in the Assistant software. Even if it says IMU calibration isn't necessary I would do a full calibration, then take it out and do a compass calibration in a good clear place and see how that goes. If this happened just yesterday/today then there has been a Coronal Mass Ejection from the sun which is causing some major effects in the earth's magnetic field and has the potential to disrupt GPS and other electronic signals...

Pull_Up said:
Don't fly again until you have plugged it in and looked at the numbers in the Assistant software. Even if it says IMU calibration isn't necessary I would do a full calibration, then take it out and do a compass calibration in a good clear place and see how that goes. If this happened just yesterday/today then there has been a Coronal Mass Ejection from the sun which is causing some major effects in the earth's magnetic field and has the potential to disrupt GPS and other electronic signals...

Thanks for the Advice, I will give that a try, and I hope it is just the Coronal Mass Ejection, it was yesterday morning and again yesterday afternoon .

Chuggie

Knighthawk said:
Just curious, chuggie.................any update?

I calibrated the phantom and hovered last night for a full battery charge and so far everything is working properly. I went snowboarding today and the winds picked up to 40mph here, so I haven't had a chance to take the Vision up today. But as soon as the winds calm down, I will take the Phantom back up and give it another controlled flight.

Thanks for your help,
Chuggie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20