Need help nvidia shiled

Reaction score
Just got a P3P, and shield k1. I cant get the shield to charge. It was plugged into USB on my laptop all night. The shield has charging on screen, but battery is almost dead. Did I get a dud?? Or am I doing it wrong?? Help.:mad::(

Perhaps your laptop does not have enough power to charge it. Did you try plugging it in elsewhere?

It dont come with the charger. You have to perches it separately. Where could I plug it in to??
I have to work today , got go but will look in on this from work.
Scrugg is calling.

Last edited:
I charge mine via a USB hub that plugs into the wall. If you have a desktop computer, try plugging it into one of those USB ports.

What was the fix?

I suspect it was left on/running while attempting to charge from computer USB. Usually it will use more power then being supplied (as mentioned).

To add something to this discussion, I've also found that many cheaper chargers (wall and car) don't do a good job despite all their claims of 2.x amps, etc. Best chargers I've found are Blackberry chargers. They are a little more expensive but worth every penny. Both the wall and car charger ones I have are hardwired. Even if the charger is good I've also found that all wires are not created equal.

It dont come with the charger. You have to perches it separately. Where could I plug it in to??
I have to work today , got go but will look in on this from work.
Scrugg is calling.
That's strange, mine came with a charger. It's output is 5.2 volts @ 2.1 amps.
image.jpeg

I bought my Shield a few weeks ago and it did not come with a charger either.

I don't think they come with a stylist either.
Nope. Both would be in the bottom of my closet if it did come with them ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31