need help !!! newbie here :)

Reaction score
Hey guys ,

I am planning to get the dji phantom vision 2 with the zemaus gimgal. How ever I just have few doubts. Hoping you experts can clear it for me :)

1. Since I am buying the one that has the zemaus gimbal , will the gopro connected to it transmit video to my phone???
2. Ive read about the program able flight path for phantom using ipad. How useful is this?? I am going on a solo road trip on my motorcycle and I am wondering if I can use this feature and make d drone fly behind me from a normal height???
3. Finally , does the remote have any nob or buttons to tilt or rotate the zemaus gimbal while in flight??

Hoping to recieve a sooner reply :)

Kind regards
Amit

1. Since I am buying the one that has the zemaus gimbal , will the gopro connected to it transmit video to my phone???
No, you will need a video transmitter and a receiver of some kind. If you want to do it with your phone with no messing about, buy a Vision.

2. Ive read about the program able flight path for phantom using ipad. How useful is this?? I am going on a solo road trip on my motorcycle and I am wondering if I can use this feature and make d drone fly behind me from a normal height???
You could program a flight path and then match the speed with your motorcycle. You can't get the Phantom to follow objects though. You need the ground station hardware to do flight paths by the way.

3. Finally , does the remote have any nob or buttons to tilt or rotate the zemaus gimbal while in flight??
Yes, there is a lever on the back of the transmitter to tilt the Zenmuse.

theferal18380 said:
Hey guys ,

I am planning to get the dji phantom vision 2 with the zemaus gimgal. How ever I just have few doubts. Hoping you experts can clear it for me :)

Hoping to recieve a sooner reply :)

Kind regards
Amit

Hi Amit. I'm relatively new to Phantoms myself so if I'm wrong hopefully someone more experienced will correct me but I wanted to point out it looks like you're confusing different models/options on the Phantom 2... make sure you understand the difference between:
-Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal: with this package you will add your own separate camera (GoPro usually). Some dealers sell a kit with a GoPro but it's important to understand this Phantom is different from the next two. Also important to note is this option has no FPV system so if you want to fly looking through the camera (with goggles or a screen) you'll have to build and add FPV yourself. Kits are available from many different dealers but they don't go direct to your PHONE... you need a screen or goggles.
-Phantom 2 Vision: This Phantom 2 has an integrated gimbal + camera and supports FPV on iPhone/iPad natively without the need for purchasing any other equipment. The trick with this version is unlike the previous one I mentioned, you can NOT swap or upgrade components like the camera or gimbal. you are limited to the equipment that comes out of the box.
-Phantom 2 Vision+: brand new version released this week with a better gimbal, better camera and more range. I'm not positive but I believe it will be like the former Vision where you can not swap components.

So basically, if you think you might want to tinker and upgrade components (for example for Zenmuse Gimbal there is recently a new version Z3-3D) you don't want a "Vision", but it's more challenging and technical to build and maintain. However if you just want a complete setup out of the box, ready to fly, record, with FPV and you don't mind being limited to the equipment that comes out of the box... a Vision is fine. Phantom 2 Visions should be getting cheaper and many available used since the new hot Vision2+ just came out.

rilot was correct about the "Ground Station" being the thing you need to program flight paths, but there's no variable "chase a car" type of option it's not that smart :) Also to consider is the ground speed of a Phantom 2 is limited to somewhere in the 20-30mph range so you'll have to drive very slow for your Phantom to keep up! (the guys getting 40-50-60mph speeds are with tail wind and for short distances)

finally, this article is a bit dated but it might still help
http://skypixel.org/gettingstarted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1