Need help in prosecution in Kentucky

Reaction score
If the are any P3P owners in Louisville or fairly close that would like to help the Hillview PD in the prosecution of the guy who shot down the Quad, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with the Chief who will explain to you what he needs.

Reactions: Christy
If the are any P3P owners in Louisville or fairly close that would like to help the Hillview PD in the prosecution of the guy who shot down the Quad, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with the Chief who will explain to you what he needs.
I live in Lexington, ky . I'm about an hour and 15 mins away and would love to help.

I have moved this post to the General section. Please post in the correct areas. And watch the language.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey I'm about 20 miles from Hillview. What's needed? Somewhat familiar with the incident.

The PD needs someone with a P3P to take some stills from various altitudes to show what the camera actually sees. At this point, phantom13flyer has agreed to help out; if you want to PM me your name and a number where you can be reached, I'll call you if needed. Thanks for the reply.

The PD needs someone with a P3P to take some stills from various altitudes to show what the camera actually sees. At this point, phantom13flyer has agreed to help out; if you want to PM me your name and a number where you can be reached, I'll call you if needed. Thanks for the reply.
Ok no problem. Had mine up around 800' at (outside Jefferson co) work and have noticed the pic's are so good you can zoom in and still get good quality. What troubles me about it is bringing it down with a shotgun at 150+ feet. Something not right.

If you are commenting on shooting a drone, please find the off topic thread that split from this one. Stay on topic here.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have watched this video and it doesnt supply what they want. They want pictures of a human form at two specific altitudes to show how little you can really see at the altitudes his flight log showed. They found a commercial user today that did the job for them so everything is taken care of. Many thanks to those of you who responded to my request !

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I'd stay clear away as possible from "helping" out. As the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished." You fly around, take some pictures, you better be **** confident you can get on the stand and testify with utmost certainty you know what you're talking about. If not, trust me when I say this. The defense will absolutely show no mercy in tearing you apart. The state needs to reach out to the manufacture itself and its legal department. Not someone on a forum with a quadcopter.

No offense.

Reactions: 750r
They want pictures of a human form at two specific altitudes to show how little you can really see at the altitudes his flight log showed.
The armchair lawyer in me is having a hard time figuring how this would help prosecute the shooter.

The shooter is claiming he felt his privacy was being invaded. Whether or not his privacy was compromised in any way is irrelevant to this case. If I stand on the other side of his fence and take photos of his daughter in a bikini and he shoots me for it, should the fact that my camera couldn't really see much detail from my vantage point matter? He choose to handle the situation by discharging a firearm. That is the ONLY thing this case should revolve around IMO.

Reactions: dr.evil and 750r
I'm not sure what Kentucky's privacy laws are, but the armchair lawyer in me wonders if the shooter can prove his privacy was indeed invaded, or that of his minor daughter who was sunbathing topless with an expectation of privacy, then perhaps Shooter has a case for defending his privacy.

Submitting pics with telemetery showing the altitude each photo was shot from would also show that there isn't enough detail, regardless of altitude, to invade little Miss Shooter's toplessness, or Daddy Shooter's moonshine still (I have no idea if there was a topless teen or a still, just thinking of the possiblilities). The Shooter would have his whole defense shot to pieces, so to speak.

Reactions: Hawkeye 1
I don't think this is an appropriate place to be soliciting "legal" help to prosecute someone. This seems like a sleezball tactic and reflects poorly on what this forum is all about.

I look at it as helping a fellow Quad enthusiast whose equipment was destroyed by someone who was thoughtless enough to discharge a firearm in a subdivision. Thats just my opinion and you have yours......you know the old saying about opinions.

Reactions: Altanore
I don't think this is an appropriate place to be soliciting "legal" help to prosecute someone. This seems like a sleezball tactic and reflects poorly on what this forum is all about.

Hmm, asking fellow pilots for video showing the resolution and definition at specific altitudes?

I can't think of a more appropriate place to ask for this type of help.

Nor can I, for the life of me imagine why this is a sleazeball tactic or why it would reflect poorly on the forum? Perhaps some of us who have been here more than 3 weeks have a better feel of what this forum is about and how we help each other....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers