Need data connection to connect to drone

Reaction score
Hi all

Recently purchased my phantom 4. I noticed that when I turn of the mobile data connection on my phone that the controller won't connect to the drone.

I didn't think a data connection was needed to connect the controller and drone, I thought it was only needed to load maps while flying?

Thanks
Jay

There is no need for a data connection, if there was I wouldn't be flying.

That's what I thought. Any idea why my controller wouldn't connect to the drone unless I turned the mobile data on?
Thanks

What happens when your mobile data is off and it does not connect? Please be as detailed as possible.

OK so basically I turned off my WiFi on my phone to take the phsntom out for a flight, bearing in mind I'm only a beginner and this was only my second flight. I decided to also turn off my mobile data but the controller wouldn't connect to the drone. It just Said no connection and that I needed to turn the drone on however the drone was already on.
I turned off the controller and then turned it back on and still no connection. I then turned my mobile data connection back on and the controller connected to the drone right away.

Try starting up like this:

1) Turn on your remote controller.
2) Turn on your Phantom.
3) Wait 30 seconds.
4) Start DJI GO.

My routine is to:
  1. Start remote
  2. Connect Ipad to remote
  3. Start DJI Go App
  4. Start Phantom 4
Never had any issues using this routine and I have no cellular or mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers