Need advise purchasing a Plain Phantom 2. Ver 2 or 3?

Reaction score
I need to purchase a plain Phantom 2 with no camera system.

Different vendors seem to have two primary price points for the plain Phantom 2:

• some are $579 and others are $679.

It's hard to tell who has the latest version... what is the latest version ?

Latest version of the Phantom 2 is V2.0.

The newest version has a new radio (built in rechargeable battery), upgraded motors, props and compass.

This makes me want to get the latest version with the upgraded motors and props. I think both of mine are older.

Garrock, just a note, "price point" is a special term that is not the same as price, which I'm assuming you meant. Somehow, the term "price point" got sucked into circulation incorrectly and it's all over the place now. :)

adanac said:
This makes me want to get the latest version with the upgraded motors and props. I think both of mine are older.

Garrock, just a note, "price point" is a special term that is not the same as price, which I'm assuming you meant. Somehow, the term "price point" got sucked into circulation incorrectly and it's all over the place now. :)

There are four prices available for the Phantoms. Phantom 2 v1 basic $579.95, Phantom 2 v2 basic $679.00, Phantom 2 v2 w/h3-3d $729.00 and last of all Phantom 2 v2 w/h4-3d gimbal $899.00. So there you have it a price point for all four units.

You have a dry sense of humor, which I like. Gotta run...I found a way to lift a Canon 5D from a Phantom and still get 15 minutes of flight!

jason said:
adanac said:

There are four prices available for the Phantoms. Phantom 2 v1 basic $579.95, Phantom 2 v2 basic $679.00, Phantom 2 v2 w/h3-3d $729.00 and last of all Phantom 2 v2 w/h4-3d gimbal $899.00. So there you have it a price point for all four units.

adanac said:
Exciting! I wish I had a new toy on it's way!

Why not share a photo or info on putting 5D with 18 - 55mm stock lens at 1046g in the air under a P2. Just weighed my T2i with a stock lens at 729g but you would still some thing to hold either one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers