Need advise as to major loss of speed

Reaction score
Long story short had phantom 4 in dedicated backpack while riding my dual sport motorcycle. Got off to
pre walk a hill and fell. Yep, on my back, yep, on the Phantom.
Slightly, I mean ever so slightly tweaked the landing gear, like maybe 2mm. Wrecked the gimbal.
I replaced the complete gimbal/camera assembly with factory unit.
Everything good APART from when in Position mode seems to have maybe 20% power in fwd/back/yaw. Fine in up/down. Put it in Sport mode and all normal ( for sport mode). I have re calibrated the IMU's. Done the DJI dance and reset all settings in software to factory default. DJI4 says have latest software in aircraft and the latest DJI4. Tried using Lietchi, same same. Also notice seem to have a very slow continual gain in altitude when in hover.
I have not used follow me before but when I tried to the aircraft started to gain altitude rapidly so I quit.
Everything else works 100%... What have I done ?

Long story short had phantom 4 in dedicated backpack while riding my dual sport motorcycle. Got off to
pre walk a hill and fell. Yep, on my back, yep, on the Phantom.
Slightly, I mean ever so slightly tweaked the landing gear, like maybe 2mm. Wrecked the gimbal.
I replaced the complete gimbal/camera assembly with factory unit.
Everything good APART from when in Position mode seems to have maybe 20% power in fwd/back/yaw. Fine in up/down. Put it in Sport mode and all normal ( for sport mode). I have re calibrated the IMU's. Done the DJI dance and reset all settings in software to factory default. DJI4 says have latest software in aircraft and the latest DJI4. Tried using Lietchi, same same. Also notice seem to have a very slow continual gain in altitude when in hover.
I have not used follow me before but when I tried to the aircraft started to gain altitude rapidly so I quit.
Everything else works 100%... What have I done ,,,,
hi i think it does go to safe height before follow me works,,saw it somewhere mayby the download mannual says,,,,good luck

Thanks guys for suggestions... Did not disable OA. I'm talking when I give it full stick forward or reverse it maybe will do 10mph?
Definitely WAY slower than before. Almost "wobbles" at first input then very slowly starts to move. I will try disabling OA and report.

K, operating in Lietchi I turned off OA and it was fine! Then I turned it back on and back to super slow. Turned it off and
stuck on "slow mode". Seems like some kind of software glitch? Hardware obviously able to do what it's meant to.

Also notice seem to have a very slow continual gain in altitude when in hover.
If you happen to use a gimbal guard bolted to the bottom of the landing gear, that can cause similar behavior. Some gimbal guards will reflect the sonar signal and confuse the computer. Because of that I don't run a gimbal guard anymore.

K, operating in Lietchi I turned off OA and it was fine! Then I turned it back on and back to super slow. Turned it off and
stuck on "slow mode". Seems like some kind of software glitch? Hardware obviously able to do what it's meant to.
What about using GO, or GO4 with OA off? Results?

re installed all the software in controller and aircraft. Removed DJI Go4 and installed DJI GO. Left the gimbal guard after close inspection. All seems fine. I'm going to assume some kind of software issue. Will try flight with Lietchi later and advise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj