Need advice

Reaction score
So here's my scenario with my new phantom 2 vision plus, I bought this mainly to search hovering above ground about 20 to 30 feet searching for deer and elk sheds, a major hobby of mine. Now that I figured how to manover my new drone well, I'm not digging my picture quality on my tablet, hence not gonna see sheds that well. I can return this and start over with a regular phantom 2 with a light bridge and go pro and monitor ( is what I was told by the associate at the drone store in Las Vegas) it might be better than adding modifications to what I just barely got ( still in 30 days.

So can somebody PLEASE tell me the best set up for my needs so I do it right this time. It would be very much appreciated :D !

Fishon0 said:
So here's my scenario with my new phantom 2 vision plus, I bought this mainly to search hovering above ground about 20 to 30 feet searching for deer and elk sheds, a major hobby of mine. Now that I figured how to manover my new drone well, I'm not digging my picture quality on my tablet, hence not gonna see sheds that well. I can return this and start over with a regular phantom 2 with a light bridge and go pro and monitor ( is what I was told by the associate at the drone store in Las Vegas) it might be better than adding modifications to what I just barely got ( still in 30 days.

So can somebody PLEASE tell me the best set up for my needs so I do it right this time. It would be very much appreciated :D !

Using a dedicated field monitor will help with resolution and brightness and the Lightbridge will significantly improve the image quality. Once you get used to that setup you may want to invest in some FPV glasses. I use the Zeiss Cinemizers and absolutely love the clarity of the image. The Lightbridge outputs via HDMI cable which can plug right into the Zeiss goggles or your monitor. It is a pricey solution but IMO well worth the investment if you are serious about FPV flying and real-time viewing.

Fishon0 said:
Those glasses sound like they way to go! Do you use them more than the monitor?

I use both about equally. On very sunny days, I prefer the glasses with the (optional) sunshade attachment. With my tablet or with a monitor, you need a really good sun shade as well. I don't do this but I have seen some pretty nice use of a monitor attached to its own tripod along with the LB ground unit, both raised right to viewing height allowing your hands to only hold the lightweight transmitter.

In either scenario, you will have to get used to FPV or a combination of FPV and LOS. Don't know your experience level but FPV flying is very different and you really need to have some expertise with the sticks (i.e. practice) to be successful :)

Also, if you don't already know, you are talking about significantly more $$$ to get into an LB and Zeiss system...

Ya I am just a beginner taking time to get it figured out. I just know now I am not setup the way I want to be with the vision plus.. It seems I got a lot more options if I get the go pro. Thanks for your info David!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4