Need advice on which app to download for phantom 2

Reaction score
hello just received this dji phantom 2 I know zero about which app to download on to my iPhone could some of you weigh in please if anyone still flys one of these,,,thank you

If it is a phantom 2 vision or vision PLUS, you need
1) DJI VISION APP
OR
2) LITCHI

People like both.
If it is a p2 non vision, than no app will work.

You will also need PC software
1) driver
2) PC ASSISTANT
3) RC ASSISTANT

( as you make changes, and do calibrations from the PC ( laptop computer )
Go to DJI.com, search archives for p2 softwares, as they are buried in the archieves, since their discontinuation! A bit hard to find, but just look it is there!

Hope this helps!
J Dot
:cool:

And YES, the p1, and P2 series crafts are still alive in a LOT of us! Party ON!:)

hello just received this dji phantom 2 I know zero about which app to download on to my iPhone could some of you weigh in please if anyone still flys one of these,,,thank you
Yip just watched utube clip and they say dji vision as well,(free)

Reactions: J Dot

If you need the software use this link and just scroll down the page there's software for PC and Mac.
Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

If it is a phantom 2 vision or vision PLUS, you need
1) DJI VISION APP
OR
2) LITCHI

People like both.
If it is a p2 non vision, than no app will work.

You will also need PC software
1) driver
2) PC ASSISTANT
3) RC ASSISTANT

( as you make changes, and do calibrations from the PC ( laptop computer )
Go to DJI.com, search archives for p2 softwares, as they are buried in the archieves, since their discontinuation! A bit hard to find, but just look it is there!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

And YES, the p1, and P2 series crafts are still alive in a LOT of us! Party ON!:)

There's no need to search the archives as the software is still available on their site. Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

First
Read the online user manual avail at DJI.com
Understand light sequences, but yes, you can fly without a smart device, but learn all you can before you fly

( gps lock )
And
( home lock )

As well as COMPASS CALIBRATION!
These are important!

Try to learn as much as you can on your own, as well as YouTube videos and tutorials! These will help, stay away from scare tactic or problem posts all they will do is scare you!

Just read the manual
Follow the recommended steps ( to the T )
DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING!
And you will be fine, just go enjoy your new bird!
Deal with issues as they come!
That is why we are here!

J Dot

Thank you someone told me you can fly without iPad or iPhone is that correct?? Not advisable? I'm sorry to bug you but I'm new to all this it's easy to get mixed up..

If it is a phantom 2 non-vision there is no need for iPhone or iPad as the non-vision was designed to be used with a gimbal and GoPro camera of you can fly it barebones if you like. Of course many mounted the gimbal, camera, 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD and used monitor/receiver to monitor its flight and adjust the cameras angle.

Now the P2 vision line came with a gimbal and camera as in the following photo.
Phantom 2 vision.jpg

P2 non-vision
Phantom2.jpg

Thank you someone told me you can fly without iPad or iPhone is that correct?? Not advisable? I'm sorry to bug you but I'm new to all this it's easy to get mixed up..

I just saw your other post in general discussion where you posted the label from the back of your P2 and it is defiantly is a P2 non-vision.

First
Read the online user manual avail at DJI.com
Understand light sequences, but yes, you can fly without a smart device, but learn all you can before you fly

( gps lock )
And
( home lock )

As well as COMPASS CALIBRATION!
These are important!

Try to learn as much as you can on your own, as well as YouTube videos and tutorials! These will help, stay away from scare tactic or problem posts all they will do is scare you!

Just read the manual
Follow the recommended steps ( to the T )
DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING!
And you will be fine, just go enjoy your new bird!
Deal with issues as they come!
That is why we are here!

J Dot
Awesome advice I appreciate that.. if anything else comes up you mind if I email you or message you??

Anytime,
I'm here, to help, just talk, or share tips n tricks!
Just shoot me a line!
Best of luck to you!
Keep us informed on how your first flights go!

Last tip:
When taking off:
Just punch it ( full throttle ) until you are around EYE LEVEL, about 5-6' off the ground, let off the throttle, then let it hover there, this way you can make sure it is hovering level and stable! If the hover is erratic, or drifting off , anything weird, just land, recalibrate compass, and try again! If the hover is stable, than go enjoy your flight!

Unstable hover is a good sign something is a miss!

Hope this helps!
And congrats on the p2!

J Dot

Anytime,
I'm here, to help, just talk, or share tips n tricks!
Just shoot me a line!
Best of luck to you!
Keep us informed on how your first flights go!

Last tip:
When taking off:
Just punch it ( full throttle ) until you are around EYE LEVEL, about 5-6' off the ground, let off the throttle, then let it hover there, this way you can make sure it is hovering level and stable! If the hover is erratic, or drifting off , anything weird, just land, recalibrate compass, and try again! If the hover is stable, than go enjoy your flight!

Unstable hover is a good sign something is a miss!

Hope this helps!
And congrats on the p2!

J Dot
Thank you let me try this once god is locked and compass is set to get lift off do I use both sticks??

I just saw your other post in general discussion where you posted the label from the back of your P2 and it is defiantly is a P2 non-vision.
Non vision sure i can see camera mount under there or they all like that,just curious,

Thank you let me try this once god is locked and compass is set to get lift off do I use both sticks??
Yip both down on angles ,dont want to sound rude but it in the manual ,should read correct start stop procedure ,go online have quick read if you not already ,if you unsure how to start i can see this goin bad,

Just to clarify, if its not to late that is, both sticks to bottom middle to start motors, then left stick ONLY to fully up to take off.

Just to clarify, if its not to late that is, both sticks to bottom middle to start motors, then left stick ONLY to fully up to take off.

It doesn't matter as either way will shut the motors down

It doesn't matter as either way will shut the motors down

he asked about taking off, not shutting the motors down.

Reactions: crash1sttime
To fly your Phantom 2 with your iPhone, you'll want to use the DJI GO app. Here are the steps to get started:
  1. Download DJI GO:
    • Open the App Store on your iPhone.
    • Search for "DJI GO" in the search bar.
    • Download and install the DJI GO app.
  2. Connect Your Phone:
    • Power on your Phantom 2 and remote controller.
    • Connect your iPhone to the remote controller using a compatible USB cable.
  3. Open DJI GO:
    • Launch the DJI GO app on your iPhone.
  4. Fly Responsibly:
    • Familiarize yourself with the app's interface, and ensure you are in a safe and open flying area.
Now you should be ready to enjoy flying your DJI Phantom 2 with your iPhone!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj