Need advice on what to buy

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new quad but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I like the P3 because it comes with everything I'm looking for fpv, return to home, gimbal, good camera etc only thing it doesn't have is the ground station to program waypoints etc unless I'm completely missing something. The P2 with a gopro hero4 black zenmuse gimbal is also very nice but it doesn't have fpv, ground station etc, the P2V has the fpv, ground station, but a not so good camera. I like the idea of the P2 with a gopro because I can use the gopro for other applications, is there anyway to get the P2 to shoot fpv like the P3 use waypoints like the P2V and not be this big bulky thing that drains the battery??? Or do I just buy the P3 and be happy with what it can do and hope for a ground station upgrade someday? I'm mostly looking to do recreational video/photography for myself but have been tossing around the idea of doing real estate photos etc, I have quad experience with my blade 350qx so flying isn't an issue just looking for others opinions and maybe some of their setups etc.
Thanks

My P2V+ has Ground Station, and I've found it to be very limited in its usefulness for making videos because the camera always faces forward (unless I'm mistaken.)

You're placing a lot of value on Ground Station. I've played around with it, but wonder how many people actually use if for making videos.

My P2V+ has Ground Station, and I've found it to be very limited in its usefulness for making videos because the camera always faces forward (unless I'm mistaken.)

You're placing a lot of value on Ground Station. I've played around with it, but wonder how many people actually use if for making videos.
The way I understood it was you could enter waypoints in ground station and then the P2 would travel that route and you could rotate the actual quad and control the camera to shoot what you wanted. Is this not true, once the waypoints are entered do you give up complete control of the P2?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic