Need advice from professional drone pilots

AJT

Reaction score
Hi phantom forum,
I'm writing today to ask for advice from professional drone pilots. I build apps but have also become obsess with drones over the past year! I was thinking that professional drone pilots might be interested in having an app where their clients can book jobs, preview their video and photos, contact the pilot and view their portfolio among other things. As drone pilots who deal with clients on a daily basis is this something that might be of value to you or your client? I put together a mockup sample app and would love to get your feedback!

IMG_5771.PNG
IMG_5772.PNG
IMG_5770.PNG

I think you are looking at this incorrectly... the customer is not the drone pilot... the customer is the person wanting the pilots service. How many people would want to download an app just to contact a commercial drone pilot?

I think you are looking at this incorrectly... the customer is not the drone pilot... the customer is the person wanting the pilots service. How many people would want to download an app just to contact a commercial drone pilot?
Good point, I was thinking of it more for existing clients to be able to book jobs and preview there video.
Thanks for your feedback:)

I think your idea is great, but it would be the pilot or "company" that recommends the app to the client so that they can check out the work in progress. ...or let's say 1st and or second revision(s).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think your idea is great, but it would be the pilot or "company" that recommends the app to the client so that they can check out the work in progress. ...or let's say 1st and or second revision(s).

That is exactly what I was thinking. I'm not shore if you are a professional drone pilot but do you think that arial video complainys/pilots would be willing to pay $500 for the installation build of something like this? Then pay a $50 monthly subscription for the continued matins of it? Just trying to get an idea of what pilots might be willing to invest.
Thanks, AJ

That is exactly what I was thinking. I'm not shore if you are a professional drone pilot but do you think that arial video complainys/pilots would be willing to pay $500 for the installation build of something like this? Then pay a $50 monthly subscription for the continued matins of it? Just trying to get an idea of what pilots might be willing to invest.
Thanks, AJ

No, not at all. Wouldn't be worth even close to that amount unless you had a decent subscriber and client base and that's unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

No, not at all. Wouldn't be worth even close to that amount unless you had a decent subscriber and client base and that's unlikely.

Thanks for your insight. What exactly do you mean by "unless you had a decent subscriber and client base" Are you talking about the pilots or me?
Thanks, AJ

Thanks for your insight. What exactly do you mean by "unless you had a decent subscriber and client base" Are you talking about the pilots or me?
Thanks, AJ

This database would be pointless unless lots of clients were using it to find a pilot. There just isn't enough of a demand for this service in my opinion.

Personally, I would think a device responsive website would be of much more use to pilots than an app. Doesn't have to be downloaded and can give all the features you are suggesting.

I reckon there would be a market for that, but I don't know how big it would be......

Last edited:
How about an app where we could load the data we'd wanna share with a potential client so we could upload to their email as an example. It would include still and video shots, contact info and possibly a calendar where they could see some availability. It would offer a place for the customer to reply with what they're looking to have done specifically!

How about an app where we could load the data we'd wanna share with a potential client so we could upload to their email as an example. It would include still and video shots, contact info and possibly a calendar where they could see some availability. It would offer a place for the customer to reply with what they're looking to have done specifically!
This already exists...it is called a website. LOL! Seriously though, in order to get Drone Pilots to pay a monthly subscription fee, you'd have to be able to generate a lot of traffic to the app for them to feel like your service adds a value.

OK read all the comments and potentially there is a market for drones in the property market, but i feel that most property owners wouldn't pay for just drone shots but would pay for an in depth property review. Now I'm not an expert and definitely not a videographer but a friend asked me to do a shoot on her property and here's the result

Currently she has this video running on her realtors (USA) / Estate agents (UK) advert May 2017

Rightmove.co.uk

so yes in the long term there could be a very good market for people to get into 'the full service' but just not drone only service

btw that's me in the shot standing outside taking the shot with the drone, as i said not a professional lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20