Need advice for FPV setup

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a Phantom 2, H3-2D Gimbal, GoPro 3+ black. Looking to be able to fly FPV 2000 meters or approx 1 mile using a screen, not goggles, 5.8ghz. Would like advice on the setup i should use. Seems like there are a lot of people using the IRC 600 mW Tx, but seems like it might work better with goggles than the LCD. Have looked at the Boscam LCD 5802, which looks to be a decent option, but not sure best Tx to go with it and also, if this is a good solution, what the best antenna set up would be. Not too concerned about cost, but don't want to overspend either. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated!

I have a P2 with H2-3d Gimbal
iOSD mini
DJI FPV Hub
I bought the Boscam 7" Monitor w/ built-in Dual 5.8ghz Video Receiver and DJI 5.8ghx VTx with Clover leaf antenna from UAV products.com

Plug and play.

I get easily 2K range but gets fuzzy. the VTx comes with the dji clover leaf.

I'm getting the fat shark spironet in RP-SMA because I want to get a right angle for the Tx side and point it straight down without bending. I am converting RP-sma for the boscam and I hope this match set gets me more consistent clarity.

I have a Black Pearl on my P2 a 25mW Tx and can only get about 150 metres before the screen goes fuzzy. I am using a mushroom antenna and a flat plate. Anyone else experiencing this? Additionally, I have my Div mode on band F and chanel 5. Should Tx 1 and 2 be the same?

I have a Black Pearl on my P2 a 25mW Tx and can only get about 150 metres before the screen goes fuzzy. I am using a mushroom antenna and a flat plate. Anyone else experiencing this? Additionally, I have my Div mode on band F and chanel 5. Should Tx 1 and 2 be the same?
Might be better to start your own thread rather than hijack another. It makes the answers very confusing

I just recently purchased a Phantom 2, H3-2D Gimbal, GoPro 3+ black. Looking to be able to fly FPV 2000 meters or approx 1 mile using a screen, not goggles, 5.8ghz. Would like advice on the setup i should use. Seems like there are a lot of people using the IRC 600 mW Tx, but seems like it might work better with goggles than the LCD. Have looked at the Boscam LCD 5802, which looks to be a decent option, but not sure best Tx to go with it and also, if this is a good solution, what the best antenna set up would be. Not too concerned about cost, but don't want to overspend either. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated!

You dont say where you are in the world, but although 600mw is a very common choice, some countries have restrictions on hobby use of power so you may or may not want to look at that. Key to FPV distance is choice of antennae, even more important than vTX power. Use of a diversity receiver which can help optimise between RX antennae which are chosen for near and far range is also useful. One manufacturer/supplier of good quality antennae is FPVLR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31