Need

Reaction score
Hello all, I need a tutor to teach me how to flight my new P4 that I just got. I can pay $25 per hour, I am in Temple City near Pasadena

Last edited:
I never flew a drone before I purchased my P3P and P4. If you read the manual (several times), watch a lot of Youtube videos and start in an open field and just do some basic maneuvers...you will be fine. These things literally fly themselves. What you need to know are all the settings (RTH altitude is very important) and know your flying environment. Just start slow and experiment with different flight modes, believe me you will pick it up quickly. No need for a tutor...and if other Phantom owners live near you and charge you to teach you to fly...well that is shame. I would think anyone here would be willing to help just for the love of the hobby...my humble opinion.

Reactions: TekSone and Bckmstr
Don't know if you got my PM, but basically, I said if you can come out to Moorpark, I will teach you for free. As WWK888 said, they practically fly themselves.

I never flew a drone before I purchased my P3P and P4. If you read the manual (several times), watch a lot of Youtube videos and start in an open field and just do some basic maneuvers...you will be fine. These things literally fly themselves. What you need to know are all the settings (RTH altitude is very important) and know your flying environment. Just start slow and experiment with different flight modes, believe me you will pick it up quickly. No need for a tutor...and if other Phantom owners live near you and charge you to teach you to fly...well that is shame. I would think anyone here would be willing to help just for the love of the hobby...my humble opinion.

x 10 what he said^^^^^^ i had never flown any type of RC , seen a buddy fly his P3P and became instantly addicted not even knowing nothing about em, did some extensive researching and tons of reading and bought a P4 , i took a day to familiarize myself with all aspects and do some walk through you tube vids to help me with getting all the settings set correctly , and started off slow...and was AMAZED how quickly i was flying ....so awesome!!! slow and steady on the sticks and you'll take it out more and more and have a blast seeing the world from a whole new light, that's the best part i enjoy ..scenery is everything to me , so glad i found this site , so many helpful guys it's unreal...go for it bud, Congrats on your new P4, and welcome aboard :)

x 10 what he said^^^^^^ i had never flown any type of RC , seen a buddy fly his P3P and became instantly addicted not even knowing nothing about em, did some extensive researching and tons of reading and bought a P4 , i took a day to familiarize myself with all aspects and do some walk through you tube vids to help me with getting all the settings set correctly , and started off slow...and was AMAZED how quickly i was flying ....so awesome!!! slow and steady on the sticks and you'll take it out more and more and have a blast seeing the world from a whole new light, that's the best part i enjoy ..scenery is everything to me , so glad i found this site , so many helpful guys it's unreal...go for it bud, Congrats on your new P4, and welcome aboard :)
I've always enjoyed RC Planes, Cars and Helicopters. The planes always crashed, the helicopters are a pain to fly and the cars never lasted very long... I started with a P4 a few weeks ago and I'm totally at ease with it, I'm still in the beginner mode but I'm really amazed at how well it handles...

I ask the same thing when I gat my first Phantom, just take it slow, and everything will be fine. One of my son-in laws flew it the first time with a 5 minute quick review of the controls with no problems. Now my son "33 year old "crashed it because I assume he know more than he did. Lesson one watch the done not the screen when learning to fly.
Both granddaughter are aces with it after a little practice, 6 and 13 year old.

Just purchased a Phantom 4 and now I need to know what paperwork I need and where to find it. I'm in Western NY here. also anything that anyone might be able to teach me on here. Like what I Phone, Pad do I need to get up and flying things like this. Thanks in advance Gene

Just purchased a Phantom 4 and now I need to know what paperwork I need and where to find it.
If you're just flying for fun, all you need to do is register with the FAA here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic