Need a new camera

Reaction score
Despite some great repairs by DroneFly.com from a flyaway crash, I think my camera was a casualty. For the last several flights I was getting a red blinking LED on start up. But if I pulled the mini-jack cable out of the back and plugged it back in, it went green. That worked for a half dozen flights, but no longer. Now it is only red and while I get flight data, I get no picture.

I think the camera was a casualty of the massive mid-December crash. Any suggestions where I can get a new camera? I don't see that component on too many websites. And the single site I saw it on, it was $500.

Suggestions?

sorry if this sounds like a stupid answer but hell for $500 replace it with a go pro if it can be done .. thats a crazy price how can the camera be worth more than 1/4 price of the pv. :?

It also handles the two-way datalink and video streaming, as well as passing gimbal control signals and camera control signals from the app. I agree it's a big chunk of money, but it does do a little more than just take the pictures. Whether it justifies being a quarter of the price...?! :shock:

Thanks all for the input. I thought about trying to rig it for a GoPro, but I ran into a guy at the park the other day who had a P2 with a GoPro, nice custom controller, big monitor attached. He could control the camera on its gimbal, but he still had to set it off for video before he took off, or the photo every three-seconds.

Unless he just needed another add-on to make that happen….

And I'll probably crack open the camera today. I'm not out anything by trying.

mduehmig said:
Can someone tell me what the little white button is for on the underside of the P2V camera?

That button takes a photo manually. From the user manual on page 19....

[6] Capture/Record Button (on the bottom of the camera)
Capture function: Press the button once (less than 2 seconds) to take a single capture.
Record function: Press the button once (greater than 2 seconds) to begin recording. Press once again to stop.

I think he sent it to me by accident. I'll forward when I get on my PC later today, assuming CRS doesn't rear is ugly head.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.