Need a little more help in Manual Mode

Reaction score
Hey Y'all, I've gotten some really good advice here on how to start learning in Manual Mode. I have a P1.1.1 that I've been flying for just over a year, and have decided to learn the dreaded manual mode for aerobatics. I've already succeeded doing loops and rolls at altitude, but flying in GPS, then flipping to Manual for the stunts. But I want to learn basic maneuvering in manual as well. I just accomplished straight and level flight today, but things get a little dicey FAST.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the extreme response the bird exhibits to just a light touch on the sticks, especially the right stick. I've read a post here about decreasing gains back from default to 85% in manual mode, but can't remember which gains to change. I've searched for the thread, which included a screen shot of the NAZA Assistant page where the change is made, but this old 65 year old brain just can't remember.

So could someone point me toward the thread, or maybe advise me on which gains to decrease to make the responsiveness a little less of a knife edge? Also, when the proper gains are changed for manual, does the change also affect GPS and ATTI, or can you watch them differ by throwing the S1 switch while in Assistant software?

As always, thanks in advance for any assistance...

Hey KD, thanks for your time and there's some good info there. But the thread I'm looking for shows a screenshot of NAZA Assistant and the settings in there. Thanks anyway for responding...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20