Neck/back pain while flying

Reaction score
Does anyone else get neck/back pain from holding the remote and flying for a 30 minute session? I use a lanyard. Is there any option for holding the weight of the controller/tablet around your waist or something like that, to take the weight off your neck and arms? Thanks!

Does anyone else get neck/back pain from holding the remote and flying for a 30 minute session? I use a lanyard. Is there any option for holding the weight of the controller/tablet around your waist or something like that, to take the weight off your neck and arms? Thanks!

You're actually getting 30 minute sessions?

Last edited:
Move around. It's not the weight. If you have low back pain, like 80% of the adult population, a couple of extra pounds around your neck isn't going to make much of a difference since the bottom on your spine is holding up more than half of your body weight all of the time. It's partially due to standing still for 15 - 20 minutes. Consider a folding chair or just walk around and stretch.

I always use a camp chair, the ones with the side table because it also gives
20160314_145117.jpg
you a place to set the remote down on.

Reactions: Mario_SB
I bought a gaming chair "guaranteed for 10hrs of sitting" . swivels, reclines. I like flying FPV so it's just like gaming ;)

Hi, I work for a company where I have to travel to other countries every week to do some training sessions.
Eh? What's that got to do with anything in this thread?

For years now I have suffered with neck pain that migrates into headaches, especially when I have to look upwards for periods of time. Now, with my gliders I fly from a hill so that I can keep the plane at or below eye level but with the drone, I get a neck pain!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, I work for a company where I have to travel to other countries every week to do some training sessions.
Sorry but what has that got to do with this thread as was just asked ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj