Near lost Phantom.

Reaction score
Crystal screen turns green? Contact lost. Press RTH it returns 400yds. Later check warnings, it says, entered restricted airspace, this can seriously affect RTH ability? Wot? What the fk’s going on? I’ve been flying here for two years, I’m 6 miles from Heathrow Airport.

According to the DJI map DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

There appears to be an 'enhanced warning zone' that covers most of West London because of Heathrow + Northolt and also Windsor Castle is included. DJI says "Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight."

If you select all warning zones you get warned about a circular area from the centre of London out to beyond Bracknell !

The days are definitely numbered for this hobby :(

For now you can just run older firmware but (as with the German auto industry) you will eventually be forced to keep updated firmware by law.

Indeed, lambs to the slaughter.

I was outside that zone I believe, forewarned that I’m in a restricted area (as usual) and to fly with caution. To be threatened that my RTH may not work by A DJI warning (hidden in my warnings, coz I never saw it on the CrystalSky at time of flying) is disturbing! It defeats the point of having RTH surely. I did have ‘transmitter upgrade appear arriving at my site, well I had to wait until I returned home for a internet connection to do that, but surely that wouldn’t have made a difference. It did mention upgrading flying zones.
I’m so thorough with my preflight checks, everything ticked off the list before lift off.
Robert Kelly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj