Near crash on video!

Did you drop satellites and go into ATTI mode? I was doing that the other day and my bird started fighting the wind and was getting blown around. Very well could be what happened to you. If there was wind, then it could be what blew you off course when you dropped down below 6 Satellites.

I am still new to the scene though, so I may be way off base here.....

StangLuvr said:
Did you drop satellites and go into ATTI mode? I was doing that the other day and my bird started fighting the wind and was getting blown around. Very well could be what happened to you. If there was wind, then it could be what blew you off course when you dropped down below 6 Satellites.

I am still new to the scene though, so I may be way off base here.....

I'm fairly new as well, so I'm not sure what happened. When it was heading for the trees, it was flying in a way that makes me think that it just mixed up the coordinates - I don't think it lost satellite connection completely. When it went crazy on the way back, it felt as if the satellites came and went. At times, it was as if the wind had full control (and I was fighting it by trying to fly the other way), and at times it settled down. I don't know, but it was scary :p

This is not a GPS failure. This looks very much like a compass issue. Either there is something magnetic in them thar hills, your compass is poorly calibrated, or your compass is magnetized/defective.

If it happens again, you need to flip to ATTI to end the out of control swirling.

ianwood said:
If it happens again, you need to flip to ATTI to end the out of control swirling.
+1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers