ND32 for P3S

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a ND32 filter for the P3Standard? I have the Fotodix set that goes up to 16, that works great but I need a 32 also.
Thanks...

You could use a variable filter like this one.

Reactions: Phill2
Thanks msinger. I sent them an email to find out if this will work on the standard. It lists that it fits all phantoms but the standard doesn't use threads and there isn't a choice when ordering...

It slides onto the barrel of the camera.

Antonius - trying to get my shutter speed down to 60 or 50 on a sunny day. Used the 16 and couldn't get lower than 100 at ISO 100.

msinger - you're right, just heard back from Freewell. It slides on, thanks again...

How often you think you'll use It? Just buy the gel and double it up or whatever.. depending on what you might buy you with have to do some math so determine how many stops you're stepping it down... but gels and scotch tape I'm sure would work fine... and if you search around I bet you can save some dough.

https://www.amazon.com/DroneKinetic...508392519&sr=8-8&keywords=Neutral+density+gel

At least tape 2 of your ND filters together and do a short test flight to see what results it gives you.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I’ve used the gel types that you can double up. Problem I had was they can sometimes slip or blow out of your fingers. End up on the ground and end up with scratches. Then you have refraction that ruins the video if there are bright objects. I ordered a kit of glass filters up to ND16 which I thought would work. But I also find that it’s not enough in some sunny conditions. So I ordered this ND32

GREEN.L 16-Layer Multi-Coated Neutral Density ND32 Filter For DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Standard, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Quad-copters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LS4IHSS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7Mq6zbRZCHW0Q

Reactions: ghutch
I’ve used the gel types that you can double up. Problem I had was they can sometimes slip or blow out of your fingers. End up on the ground and end up with scratches. Then you have refraction that ruins the video if there are bright objects. I ordered a kit of glass filters up to ND16 which I thought would work. But I also find that it’s not enough in some sunny conditions. So I ordered this ND32

GREEN.L 16-Layer Multi-Coated Neutral Density ND32 Filter For DJI Phantom 3 4K, DJI Phantom 3 Standard, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, DJI Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Quad-copters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LS4IHSS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7Mq6zbRZCHW0Q

Yes the gels are disposable.. but for $13 on amazon I don't think you can beat that. Thanks for the link!

Yes the gels are disposable.. but for $13 on amazon I don't think you can beat that. Thanks for the link!
I think that will add up pretty quickly. Maybe if they were only a few bucks you could consider them disposable.

Thanks for the link. This is what I've been looking for! Do you know how much it weighs?

I think that will add up pretty quickly. Maybe if they were only a few bucks you could consider them disposable.
You can always get a clear UV filter, cut the gels to fit, double or triple etc em up and make it a permanent filter in your kit.

I have the threaded style filters for my standard and I ordered one of those variable (2-400)NDs with the same threads off eBay for $10.. can't wait to try it out...

Reactions: ghutch

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj