ND filter + rebalance, do I need to change CG?

Reaction score
I finally got around to rebalancing my H3-3D after adding an ND filter to my Hero4 Black. So do you normally need to change the CG settings in Phantom Assistant to compensate?

Thanks

Reaction score
I finally got around to rebalancing my H3-3D after adding an ND filter to my Hero4 Black. So do you normally need to change the CG settings in Phantom Assistant to compensate?

Thanks
I did the same thing and left the settings alone. Flys perfect. The added weight is almost dead center. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows a reason why you would want to mess with your gains/settings etc.
My hero 4 on the other hand I believe to be defective. Sending it back for a replacement.

Reaction score
Hi Spudboy,

How did you rebalance the H3-3D - I'm planning the add the filter to mine?

TIA,

Gerry

Reaction score
Hi Spudboy,

How did you rebalance the H3-3D - I'm planning the add the filter to mine?

TIA,

Gerry
I used hook & loop (velcro) and coins. To balance the hero 4 with a Polar pro ND filter I used a Quarter on the tilt motor metal end and a quarter on the back of the rectangular plate that holds the gopro as close to the gimbal arm as possible. If I was home, I would take a picture of it...

Reaction score
Originally I had stuck a coin on the servo can, but that can cause buzzing of the motor. So now I have a small lead weight on the bottom back edge of the GoPro mounting plate, nearest the servo end, and a stick on tire balancing weight on the rectangular part of the arm, directly behind the side servo.

Reaction score
Thanks,
I was trying coins, but they were getting in the way of the gimbal lock.

Gerry

Reaction score
Yea, I couldn't get enough weight with coins and still clear the arm.

Reaction score
DO NOT stick coins directly on the motors (silver part). Stick them anywhere on the black supports.

Reaction score
Thanks Fyod,

I had been adding coins to the back of the camera mounting bracket - I reckon lead is the answer.
G

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timb12957