ND Filter for P3

Problem with gels is they are not durable. They will scratch easy and show fingerprints. Plus they are hard to clean. Remember you get what you pay for. I went glass and love the polar pro filters!

Reactions: Molokai
Molokai, I tried the first filters above (these) -- and, here's what I can tell you about them:

- The plastic rings are made well (3D printed), they fit well, they are easy to attach and remove, and they are very smooth on the inside.
- The gels are cut well and fit perfectly inside of the plastic rings.
- Since the gels are made of a plastic material, they can easily gather lint/dust due to static electricity. A lens cleaning brush (like this one) would be help you clean them without touching them and getting fingerprints on them.
- You need to be careful when handling the gels. They can bend and you'll get fingerprints on them if you don't hold them correctly.
- To sum it up, the filters are made very well and you can successfully use them with some extra patience.

I also looked at the PolarPro 3-pack -- but, I decided not to try them because they were a bit expensive for what the package comes with. The ND8 filter is the only filter you'll probably normally use from that pack. If going with the PolarPro, I'd recommend you get the PolarPro 6-pack. There are many more usable filters in the 6-pack.

After reading this thread, I decided to try the SRP filters. I purchased the ND16/CP filter and the GND16-8 filter. They have not been delivered yet, so I cannot comment on them at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Molokai
Molokai, I tried the first filters above (these) -- and, here's what I can tell you about them:

Thanks for the feed back! I am also a bit worried about pricing, so I am going to take what you said into consideration (PolarPro is backordered at the moment anyways).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4