NBC News tonight had drones on (again) ...

Reaction score
NBC national news tonight w/ Lester Holt. Must be a slow news night because they had to show a short clip of our drones doing a supposedly “bad” thing.
What was it? A very short video of a guy in shorts sun bathing on the top of a wind turbine 200’ in the air. Their comment was that it looks like we “can’t have privacy anywhere with these drones around”.
(BTW, the turbine blades were stationary .)
-
Let the comments commence…

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My local NBC news had a drone-related story tonight: man arrested for flying drone within 20 feet of police helicopter on active call. Video clip showed a man in cuffs and his Inspire 1 confiscated by the pd.

NBC national news tonight w/ Lester Holt. Must be a slow news night because they had to show a short clip of our drones doing a supposedly “bad” thing.
What was it? A very short video of a guy in shorts sun bathing on the top of a wind turbine 200’ in the air. Their comment was that it looks like we “can’t have privacy anywhere with these drones around”.
(BTW, the turbine blades were stationary .)
-
Let the comments commence…
This video is obviously done on purpose by the sunbather and drone pilot-- ABC probably paid them for it-- looks like the guy sunbathing on a wind turbine is the bigger story.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I felt like I was going to fall just watching that video. That guys got some balls lol

I felt like I was going to fall just watching that video. That guys got some balls lol
Call it what you will, IMHO, the guy is an idiot unless he has authorized access to the controls on the turbine, which I assume he would since the door at the base was wide open. That is probably his job, doing maintenance or checks on it. Who knows, they may ever use the drone to inspect them and thought this would be a great stunt to send to a news outlet and get a few bucks.

Reactions: Jbundy63
Guess he was having a slow work day in the field?
I bet his boss would love to see this!

Another note.... figures! I just got my P2 and now there is TONS of controversy about drones, and the coming requirement to get a pilot's license! BOY some people don't have very much to occupy their time I guess!
Seems like a very small group of people are making big headlines and giving drones a very bad name!

Another note.... figures! I just got my P2 and now there is TONS of controversy about drones, and the coming requirement to get a pilot's license! BOY some people don't have very much to occupy their time I guess!
Seems like a very small group of people are making big headlines and giving drones a very bad name!
Yes, unfortunately-- o_O

Reactions: dirkclod

er..um...I actually didn't look that close :eek:

But you're right....that would not be a survivable mistake if made.
But I imagine the climb up there inside the tube was fairly hairy as well. no pun intended.

ugh...should i just nix this post?...something about it seems to have gone wrong :oops:

Last edited:
Here is the OP speaking :D

Let the comments commence…:D:D:D:D this is number 17 LOL

Reactions: JKDSensei

Yes this crap is really irritating and sucks for all the people that enjoy this as a hobby and obey guidelines. I just have a hard time understanding it!

Reactions: bobmyers
Yes this crap is really irritating and sucks for all the people that enjoy this as a hobby and obey guidelines. I just have a hard time understanding it!

Out of 500,000 UAS operators, maybe 1% do really, really stupid things....yet we'll all be made to pay for that 1%'s stupidity unfortunately.

I say we stone anyone who does those things...and is stupid enough to post it publicly.

Out of 500,000 UAS operators, maybe 1% do really, really stupid things....yet we'll all be made to pay for that 1%'s stupidity unfortunately.

I say we stone anyone who does those things...and is stupid enough to post it publicly.
Agreed! Let the stoning begin !!!!!

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31